• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Sledges?

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
(This is not one that I invented, but I like it :D)

First Wicket Falls. Number Three walks to the crease.
Jamee: Into the tail now, lads!

Stumped

Banned
lol..nice one......i no a few

This guys made more runs on the toilet
Hang on boys coz this guy cant drive
Fishing outside offstump.....reel him in
ive seen better batting in the shower
this team is a like a lizard 2/3 tail
this guy doesnt have a girlfriend coz he cant pull
this guys got more defence than the army
alot of helmets here ...must be scared

there not the greatest though

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
More swings than a playground
This guy must be a farmer, that was a bit agricultural

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sledging= half the reason why I show up on the weekend

Been working on a few this season, such as, when you're getting down into the tail:

"Come on boys, he's number (9-11) for a reason"

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
I get a bit personal... Batsman is at the crease, and I drop the line

"No-one likes you. You should know that from school."

Nothing to do with cricke,t but make sthem feel bad :laugh:

I also borrowed "Mind the windows!" from Andrew Flintoff. This kid (Well, 15) swung at it and missed, so i dropped that line in. He was out in the next over.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
some guy swinging at the ball and getting lucky!

Hockey season starts in September mate! come back then
he replied with: shut the **** up, and play cricket
got him out 4 balls later :D

DCC_legend

International Regular
Stumped said:
lol..nice one......i no a few

This guys made more runs on the toilet
Hang on boys coz this guy cant drive
Fishing outside offstump.....reel him in
ive seen better batting in the shower
this team is a like a lizard 2/3 tail
this guy doesnt have a girlfriend coz he cant pull
this guys got more defence than the army
alot of helmets here ...must be scared

there not the greatest though
pretty good!! i just use "this guy doesnt know whats goin on" or "Your playin the wrong sport mate, the Harbours down the road"

my mate said this to a wee kid who was battin once "are you much of golfer yourself" we wer laffin for ages!! then the guy skyed one and he was out the next ball

Last edited:

James_W

U19 Vice-Captain
'Make Love With Travel'

He was still wondering what I meant when he'd been caught behind 2 balls later.

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
"Ive seen better batter in a fish and chip shop."
"Bowl him a piano see if he can play that."
"Hes swinging like a monkey on steroids"
"Hes swinging like the '60s"
After several short deliveries: *Come down about 5-6 feet from the bowler and"garden"*
Kid with glasses comes to the wicket (then misses a few): "Shouldnt having four eyes give you better vision"
The bowler (opposition team) starts to get some movement" Ooooh hes swings it both ways"
Just running around in between overs shouting "MAD" "explanation for the "un-New Zealand of us"

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
My preference is just continually chatting to the batsman, whether or not he wants to talk to you, slowly questioning his technique, gameplan, attitude, concentration... and all of a sudden he's not thinking about batting any more and he's out.

Best moment last season was keeping wicket - with five overs left, Ashburton needed 24 to win and their number six had just crossed 50. We were short on ideas, and seeing as it was 8.40pm, short on bowling as I wasn't allowed to bowl anyone but spinners. I noticed a big wire net above the hedge beyond the straight boundary, and asked the batsman, who was about 17/18, whether anyone had ever cleared it.

"Yes, loads."

"Have you?"

"No."

"That'd be a nice way to finish it off, wouldn't it?"

He came down the track to the next ball, and it skied excruciatingly between the bowler and mid-off.

"Unlucky Owen." I shout to the bowler, before chatting to the batsman again. "Never mind mate, nearly got there. Maybe next time?"

The next ball, he's off down the pitch again, and misses the ball entirely, leaving middle and off to be disturbed. We won by four runs.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"More nicks than a Greek wedding".
"More air than Qantas"
Our bloke umpiring at square leg turned down a stumping against our number 11 and the other side's portly 'keeper blew up a treat, prompting our bloke to say "What's your hurry fat bot, Krispy Kreme are open to midnight".

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Burgey said:
"More nicks than a Greek wedding".
"More air than Qantas"
Our bloke umpiring at square leg turned down a stumping against our number 11 and the other side's portly 'keeper blew up a treat, prompting our bloke to say "What's your hurry fat bot, Krispy Kreme are open to midnight".
:laugh: :laugh: The first one is so true, too. And I'm guessing the "bot" is meant to be "boy"? Hahaha.