• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Sledges?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not a sledge, but something funny some of the guys on my team do is to act like the ball's coming to them quicker than it is at the non-striker's end on a run-out chance. A few batsmen have dived for no reason to a chorus of laughter.

Also:

When a batman's tied down:

'He's a turtle boys...he's gone into his shell'.

'He's losing concentration here...he almost played a shot at that one'

and lots of questioning whether a player was only in the team due to his father being there too after he played and missed 15 times etc etc. Nothing hilarious stands out.

andmark

International Captain
lol..nice one......i no a few

This guys made more runs on the toilet
Hang on boys coz this guy cant drive
Fishing outside offstump.....reel him in
ive seen better batting in the shower
this team is a like a lizard 2/3 tail
this guy doesnt have a girlfriend coz he cant pull
this guys got more defence than the army
alot of helmets here ...must be scared

there not the greatest though
I don't KNOW any. At least a publess bastard can spell.

Last edited:

Jammy Dodgers

Cricket Spectator
I don't really sledge at least not against anyone in a friendly but if there are no options and the batsmen is a real dickhead the i use this line:

wen the batsmen comes out and takes centre he'll have a look around n i'l be in 2nd slip. wen he looks around at the fielders and lookin for gaps I'l shout out. "yh take a good look around coz you won't be there long"

spunbowler

Cricket Spectator
i remember one of my team mates batting once and getting loads of runs behind square, the bowler said to him, what you batting with mate a bar of f***ing toblerone.

once playing against hartlepool this opening bat was scoring a load of streaky runs of my sons bowling ( he is a quick ) all down past third man whistling through the slips, anyway, when kirk went out to bat this opener says to him i bet you wish you could bat like me kirk, kirk quick as a flash says i do look at the worn edges on my bat, ( he was only 15 at the time ):laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: