• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Andrew Symonds is the best fielder in world cricket

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Symonds is good, but Collingwood has taken some amazing catches. Usually dfying the laws of "Fyzzix"

PhoenixFire

International Coach
As much as it pains me to say it, he is the best. He never drops them, rarely misses the stumps and stops everything.

adharcric

International Coach
While we're at it, here's a fielding XI. Obviously, you have to be decent with bat/ball too.

Stephen Fleming*, Herschelle Gibbs, Ricky Ponting, Paul Collingwood, Yuvraj Singh, Andrew Symonds, Mark Boucher, ....., ....., ....., .....

Reserves: Hayden, Hussey, DeVilliers, Bravo

Somebody help me finish that lineup ...

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Brett Lee, Chris Cairns and Glenn McGrath. All of them very good bowlers and very solid outfielders. Equally you could get rid of one of the batsman and put Warne in there.

adharcric

International Coach
Perm said:
Brett Lee, Chris Cairns and Glenn McGrath. All of them very good bowlers and very solid outfielders. Equally you could get rid of one of the batsman and put Warne in there.
Lee for sure. Cairns has retired and McGrath botches too many in the outfield IMO.

Anyone else?

Perm

My bad about Chris Cairns, totally forgot he had retired. Flintoff is a very capable slipper and his outfielding is pretty good aswell.

Dravid

International Captain
adharcric said:
While we're at it, here's a fielding XI. Obviously, you have to be decent with bat/ball too.

Stephen Fleming*, Herschelle Gibbs, Ricky Ponting, Paul Collingwood, Yuvraj Singh, Andrew Symonds, Mark Boucher, ....., ....., ....., .....

Raina, Kaif.

Perm

Originally Posted by adharcric

Don't think that applies to Raina or Kaif.

adharcric

International Coach
Dravid said:
Raina, Kaif.
In terms of athleticism and ability to pull off blinders, Raina is right up there with the best of the best. He has put down a few though and he hasn't been around long enough.
Kaif is agile and energetic but he puts down too many and is pathetic at short leg.

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
PhoenixFire said:
Pollock's catch today was gun in the extreme.
Definitely.

S Fleming*, H Gibbs, R Ponting, P Collingwood, Y Singh, A Symonds, A Flintoff, M Boucher+, S Pollock, S Warne, B Lee