• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favorite bowler/batsman XI

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If you had to make an XI out of your favorite bowlers (bowler avg. <35, 100 wickets) and batsmen (avg >35, 1000 runs) what would it look like?

Bowler XI:

1. Sobers
  2. Botham
  3. Kallis
  4. Miller
  5. Imran *
  6. Flintoff
  7. Mankad
  8. Wasim
  9. Marshall
  10. Warne
  11. McGrath

Sobers has to open due to being the best batsman of the lot. Kallis with his steadying influence at 3. Had Botham open with Sobers because IMO he had a pretty good technique. I have Flintoff in there as this is my favorite XI not necessarily best XI.

Batting XI:

1. Hobbs
  2. Gavaskar
  3. Bradman
  4. Tendulkar
  5. Border
  6. Gilchrist+
  7. Richards
  8. Sobers
  9. Kallis
  10. Miller
  11. Imran

Need help with one more in my batting XI. Border can bowl a bit. Miller and Imran obviously the main bowlers.

IMO the batting side would come out on top, what do you think?

Last edited:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
silentstriker said:
Batting XI:

[*]Hobbs
[*]Gavaskar
[*]Bradman
[*]Tendulkar
[*]Border
[*]Richards
[*]Sobers
[*]Kallis
[*]Miller
[*]Imran

Need help with one more in my batting XI. Border can bowl a bit. Miller and Imran obviously the main bowlers.
Gilly to take the gloves and make the XI?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Dravid said:
Well, they do have Bradman so ofcourse they will win.
I don't think it would be a massacre TBH.

Miller and Imran really put the batting side over the top, without them it would be close. Because Imran and Miller can definitely go in as bowlers alone.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
silentstriker said:
Because they are good enough?
Would it be more intersting to have eleven different players in each side e.g

Batting XI

1. Gavaskar
2. Hutton
3. Bradman (c)
4. Tendulkar
5. Pollock
6. Richards