• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2011 WC final to be hosted in Mumbai

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
adharcric said:
Just gotta make sure SS shows up. I'd love to beat the crap out of him while he stands there with his stupid rifles. Fool can't even hold a bat properly. :p
even if he bats like Bradman, we have to beat the **** out of him, right? :p ;)

Dravid

International Captain
silentstriker said:
Sure, and it is. But winning a test series in SA? Thats huge too, isn't it? I am not saying WC is insignificant (only ODI series that isn't), but winning in SA with the conditions that they have would be a bigger deal IMO.
Ofcourse it's huge. No one ever disagreed with you. But I don't rate it higher than the World Cup, and I'm a huge fan of test Cricket.

adharcric

International Coach
honestbharani said:
even if he bats like Bradman, we have to beat the **** out of him, right? :p ;)
Well here's the plan:

a) ask Agarkar to bowl a yorker to SS ... he should be ashamed after getting bowled by an Indian seamer
b) ask Sehwag to outrun SS ... he should feel like crap not even being as fit as "jiggle"
c) ask Pathan to bounce SS ... he should just collapse out of humiliation right there

Note that Agarkar will be a retired midget by then and Sehwag will have even more jiggle as a 32-year old. Pathan should still bowl around 75, but that'll be more than enough for SS.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Dravid said:
Because it's usually normal for you. We play like this once every four year.

India getting out for 91 is as much of shock as it would be to you if England won an ODI by +100 runs or >7 wickets.
Or if you beat a half-decent team away from home. Just wait til the Tests next summer :D

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Dravid said:
Because it's usually normal for you. We play like this once every four year.

India getting out for 91 is as much of shock as it would be to you if England won an ODI by +100 runs or >7 wickets.
You've only been bowled out for <92 twice in the last 20 years.

A *touch* melodramatic, perhaps?

adharcric

International Coach
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Or if you beat a half-decent team away from home. Just wait til the Tests next summer :D
To hell with half-decent teams like England and South Africa. We only compete with the best. :ph34r:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
adharcric said:
Well here's the plan:

a) ask Agarkar to bowl a yorker to SS ... he should be ashamed after getting bowled by an Indian seamer
b) ask Sehwag to outrun SS ... he should feel like crap not even being as fit as "jiggle"
c) ask Pathan to bounce SS ... he should just collapse out of humiliation right there

Note that Agarkar will be a retired midget by then and Sehwag will have even more jiggle as a 32-year old. Pathan should still bowl around 75, but that'll be more than enough for SS.
Seriously, if that happens, I would take that rifle and shoot my self in the head. Obviously, it would, if I were stupid enough to actually get in the middle with professional cricketers (and I use the word 'professional' loosely when talking about Indian cricketers). I'm content to sit on the sidelines laughing and getting angry at Dhoni.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
adharcric said:
Just gotta make sure SS shows up. I'd love to beat the crap out of him while he stands there with his stupid rifles. Fool can't even hold a bat properly. :p
You know, you can make fun of me all you want, but leave my precious rifles out of it. They've never done anything wrong to anyone. :@

Dravid

International Captain
GeraintIsMyHero said:
We did manage to beat Pakistan 2 years ago you know. And that was away from home.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Dravid said:
We did manage to beat Pakistan 2 years ago you know. And that was away from home.
Bleh, beating teams in the subcontinent doesn't count. A bigger win was against a worse team (WI) in WI IMO.

adharcric

International Coach
silentstriker said:
You know, you can make fun of me all you want, but leave my precious rifles out of it. They've never done anything wrong to anyone. :@
Your stupid rifles. I could probably trash them in a matter of seconds. :cool:

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
adharcric said:
There you go.

Oh come on, you know that rifle looks beautiful. Thats a standard .458 elephant gun, and will likely be my next purchase, I think. Look at it, so great. Of course, that thing will down anything short of a charging wooly mammoth, so it should be a great versatile rifle (but look at the size of that thing! My shoulder will definitely be sore).

Anyway, you can't tell me thats not the greatest looking thing you've seen! How can you call it stupid? :unsure:

Its funny because I never would have gotten a 458 as I don't need it but after Clapo posted in the rifle thread I started looking for a rifle for him to hunt water buffalo with, and now I want it (even though there is no big game around here, and I have no intention of going to Africa to hunt).

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Dravid said:
It's stupid, it's ugly, it should be tossed in a burning fire place.
If it has a metal stock, a fireplace isn't going to damage it. Also, you would probably forget to unload it, and then it would be quite fun.