• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boje Retires

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
silentstriker said:
Dunno, he doesn't look terrible.
I have a thing against people with darker skin highlighting their hair. It only looks halfway decent on Afridi, and even thats because he has pretty fair skin and the highlights are very minimal.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
nightprowler10 said:
I have a thing against people with darker skin highlighting their hair. It only looks halfway decent on Afridi, and even thats because he has pretty fair skin and the highlights are very minimal.
It looked decent on Dhoni when he did it with his long hair.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Marius said:
Have some cynicism. He was in the SA squad, so I wouldn't say he didn't have a chance of playing international cricket again. And Nightprowler your avatar rocks f*cking hard.
Are you capable of using appropriate language? 8-)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Neil Pickup said:
Kolpak in the Championship before long then?
That was my first thought too.

An SLA bowler approaching his mid-30s who averages over 40 per wicket, is more renowned as a useful lower order option has retired becuase there's another, younger left-arm spinning option in his national squad who's a better bowler but less likely to contribute runs. Let's hope it catches on....

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
BoyBrumby said:
That was my first thought too.

An SLA bowler approaching his mid-30s who averages over 40 per wicket, is more renowned as a useful lower order option has retired becuase there's another, younger left-arm spinning option in his national squad who's a better bowler but less likely to contribute runs. Let's hope it catches on....
Really hope you mean Adams not Peterson there.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Pretty bad when a player announces that he is retiring and everybody's response is:

1. Who cares?
2. I thought he already was retired?

Beleg

International Regular
Funny derailment.

In any case, good job Boje. You're absence will be noticed. Did well in India and against NZ.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
He was South Africa's more skillful version of Ashley Giles, will be missed if South Africa don't find a good spin bowler in the near future.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Umar Gul is easily the ugliest.

Anyway Boje was never a world beater but I'm sure he will be missed. Let's hope the South African selectors never pick Robin Peterson as his replacement.

adharcric

International Coach
One gone, two to go. One of three crap SLA bowlers of this generation who never should've played as many matches as he did.

Ashley? About time?

adharcric

International Coach
Come on guys, Robin Peterson should have been obvious. :dry:

He hasn't played too many matches but the fact that he's considered a top Saffie prospect is ... well ... disturbing to say the least.

Vettori is actually a good bowler.