• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for the 3-10th of Dec

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:

FaaipDeOiad 12000
tooextracool 10000
Matteh 6000
NZTailender 4000
pasag 4000
James90 3000
Perm 2000
PhoenixFire 1000
Fiery 1000

Thanks to Pasag who is filling in for Alternative. Trouble with the awards this week, my new laptop is having teething problems:wacko: . So Marc will post the Skull and Inzi awards separately, but still in this thread.

Nightprowler10 has joined the team, will put his email details up next week, just need to check with him first.:unsure:

The CW Awards Team

Alternative (milestones)
Marc (awards judge)
Dravid (Agarkar, Sir Geoffrey, Sobers and Gatting/Rana awards judge)
Adharcric (Afridi and Hussey)
Nightprowler10 (Warne and Bradman)
Archie (whatever else is left over)

If you are celebrating a “Posts” milestone this week, please let Manju (Alternative) know, you can contact him at hunterbhai at hotmail dot com

If you would like to discuss anything to do with the awards, please let me know, you can contact me on kehlers at iprimus dot com dot au

If you notice a post or thread that you think is worthy of an award please contact Marc at marc at robbins46 dot freeserve dot co dot uk

If you notice any worthy nominees for the Sir Geoffrey or AA awards this week, please let Dravid know, you can contact him at nnindia at hotmail dot com

If you notice any worthy nominees for the Afridi or Hussey awards this week, please let adharcric know, you can contact him at adhar at berkeley dot edu

Best of The Best

Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: nightprowler10 for this click here emotive issue, and one of the rare posters to try and see both sides

Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is grant28 for this click here , the best debated of all the Murali V Warne threads, is CW growing up? :cool:

The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: Marc will post this award in a separate post

The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: silentstriker , two in a row, and must have been a chance for a repeat Bradman. According to the judge of this award “this guy (SS) posts too much”:laugh:

Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: Sir Redman click here I missed this last week, (I don’t read that thread tbh) but you guessed it they went onto win the match, and a deserving winner

Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he is talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: Marc will post this award in a separate post

The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: arjun , Is there anything this poster does not know about Indian cricket? Especially knows his recent players back the front

The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: no award this week

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: no award this week

The Mike Hussey award for best newcomer (less then 500 posts), not too many have had a great debut and continued success like “Mr Cricket” And the Winner is: The Sean new poster, who fitted like an old glove, plus he has lived in Canberra, so he must be smart (it’s in the water8-) )

The Gatting V Rana award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: Nightprowler10 V silentstriker click here not sure who had the best of it, too close to call:blink:

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management :)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Good, I can breathe easier now. Thanks for the Sobers :).

And I won the debate obviously. :happy:

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thanks for noticing I passed the 2,000 mark and congratulations to all winners.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
LOL - the one that did get through (Greigy) and it wasn't the one I gave it to!

Anyway - the Skull was completely missed by all this week - didn't see anyone even acknowledge this quite superb effort from a first time winner in Scaly Piscine:

Skull

Meanwhile, I've managed to lose the Inzy, not sure what happened with my email having the same post 3 times - pretty poor effort IMO. The Inzy will go unclaimed this week (another first I believe)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
silentstriker said:
Whats pissing got to do with steroids? :huh:
He didn't take steroids (necessarily), he took a diuretic.

diuretic adj. Tending to increase the discharge of urine. n. A substance or drug that tends to increase the discharge of urine.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
FaaipDeOiad said:
He didn't take steroids (necessarily), he took a diuretic.

diuretic adj. Tending to increase the discharge of urine. n. A substance or drug that tends to increase the discharge of urine.
Ah. OK, now I got it. Well he was injured during the time and came back faster than normal, so I have my doubts. In any case, thank you for explaining it. The rest of you are bastards.

archie mac

International Coach
chaminda_00 said:
Is it just me or do the same people get the awards over and over?

I think we had 3 first time award winners this week. People can also nominate worthy posts/posters for awards:)

adharcric

International Coach
chaminda_00 said:
Is it just me or do the same people get the awards over and over?
IMO it's quite reasonable that a select few would win quite often because they consistently produce quality posts. SS is probably the exception.

As archie just mentioned, you have the opportunity to send in nominations.

Fusion

Global Moderator
adharcric said:
IMO it's quite reasonable that a select few would win quite often because they consistently produce quality posts. SS is probably the exception.
:laugh: He's not going to be too happy with you. He has a gun you know.