• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Strange records

andmark

International Captain
I have been thinking about strange cricket records.I thought of the player who has most runs with out a century. Which is Shane Warne.Any other records you think should go on this topic feel free to post in.

shortpitched713

International Captain
How about most Test runs without a first-class wicket? Most of the great batsmen have been at least decent part-timers.

cameeel

International Captain
Warne has the record for most Test runs without a century.

11 50's and 0 100's from 3018 test runs.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
shortpitched713 said:
How about most Test runs without a first-class wicket? Most of the great batsmen have been at least decent part-timers.
Stephen Fleming - 6593 runs, 17 overs for 129.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wasim Akram - most MOTM awards - 17, after Wasim comes Kallis, Murali & Warne, all with 16, then Ambrose, S Waugh & Ponting with 14.

Strangely enough, Tendulkar only has 10

Sorta blows the idea out of the Water that bowlers don't received enough recognition in MOTM awards doesn't it?

note. Test Matches only

Last edited:

Johnners

Of the youngest players to ever score a century in test match cricket, the 11 youngest are ALL from the Sub-Continent.

Perm

marc71178 said:
ODI's aren't first class though.
I know, just thought I would point it out.

Geraint Jones has gone 51 test innings without scoring a duck.

Krishna_j

U19 12th Man
well here's two :

1. Who on his test debut batting at No XI for his country was his country's highest scorer in the innings ?

2.He played for the rebel Windies against South Africa in the 80's and then played for England against the official Windies

(hint Both were in the 80's)

grecian

Krishna_j said:
2.He played for the rebel Windies against South Africa in the 80's and then played for England against the official Windies

(hint Both were in the 80's)
Monte Lynch wasn't it?

I was actually wondering if anyone had taking more wickets then Giles with an average of over 40. I searched around and Ravi Shastris done it apparently, is there anyone else, whose taking more then 151 with such an average, erm, average?

Also maybe Grace hit it onto a train or summat.