• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Scotland in Bangladesh

James

Cricket Web Owner
15th December 1st ODI - Bangladesh v Scotland
17th December 2nd ODI - Bangladesh v Scotland

Dravid

International Captain
Wow, Shouldn't Zimbabwe play Scotland instead. I believe Bangladesh are too good to play teams like Scotland. BTW I heard India is to play Scotland later on next year, is that true?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Dravid said:
Wow, Shouldn't Zimbabwe play Scotland instead. I believe Bangladesh are too good to play teams like Scotland. BTW I heard India is to play Scotland later on next year, is that true?
How the hell do you expect Scotland (and Holland, Canada, Ireland...) to develop then?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Last time these two teams meet in World Cup friendlies in 2003, the matches were pretty close. I expect Scotland to push Bangladesh a lot harder then Zimbabwe. I could see them pulling off a win, if Dougie Brown playing for Scotland?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
They will if they keep their ODI status after the World Cup. I see no reason why Scotland, Ireland and Holland can't play against Test Nations in ODI, they have earned the right. Also how are going to be fast tracked if they only play each other.

IMO Scotland and Ireland are just below Bangladesh.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
chaminda_00 said:
Last time these two teams meet in World Cup friendlies in 2003, the matches were pretty close. I expect Scotland to push Bangladesh a lot harder then Zimbabwe. I could see them pulling off a win, if Dougie Brown playing for Scotland?
Scotland squad:

Craig Wright (c) RHB, RM
John Blain RHB, RMF
Dougie Brown RHB, RFM
Gavin Hamilton LHB, dnb any more
Majid Haq LHB, OB
Paul Hoffmann RHB, RMF
Omer Hussain LHB, wk
Dougie Lockhart RHB, wk
Ross Lyons LHB,SLA
Neil F. I. McCallum RHB
Glenn Rogers SLA
Navdeep Poonia RHB, RMF
Colin Smith RHB, wk
Ryan Watson RHB, RMF (token hard-hitting allrounder)
Fraser Watts RHB

Btw, Scotland tied 1-1 at home without Blain, Brown or Hamilton against Bangladesh two years ago.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Do not underestimate the scottish. You saw how close they came to killing Pakistan (At 93-5 at one stage!) and after Somerset beat the Aussies, Scotland beat Somerset a few days later.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Khaled Mashud is rested for Bangladesh, he is replaced by Nadif Chowdhury, a big-hitting lower-order batsman. Mushfiqur Rahim will now get a chance in both games. I hope Bangladesh also play three seamers, they'll learn nothing by playing just the two.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really looking forward to this series, hopefully Bangladesh can show what an improved side they are and should be able to do away with Scotland easily. No disrespect intended. Hopefully some of the younger players like Mushfiqur Rahim and Mehrab Hossain will be able to show that the future of Bangladesh cricket is bright.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
no im hoping scotland atleast wins one match because that shows theres not that much gab between them which means if bangladesh have a chance to cause upset at the world cup than so do scotland or its just going to be not good for the world cup

crickethorizon

Cricket Spectator
Practice match vs. BCCB Academy

BCCB Academy team consists of basically U-19 players.

Scores:
BCCB Academy 252/6 Over - 50 (Tamim Iqbal 105, Nadif 68, Sadat 30; Majid 3/35,Wright 2/21
Scotland 219 Over - 47.2 (Poonia 63, Macculum 57, Brown 47; Rubel 4/32, Dollar 2/37)
Result: BCCB Academy won by 33 runs. (Practice match at the BSSRAS, Chittagong on 14 December 2006) Toss won by Nadif Chy. (BCCB Academy)
Source