• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Scotland in Bangladesh

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
BCB Academy v Scotland report

Tamim Iqbal could well be opening in ODIs for Bangladesh in the next couple of years. He's more aggressive and free-flowing than Mehrab, though he offers nothing with the ball.

Nadif's batting has been a revelation this year: being banned from bowling appears to have unexpectedly resulted in an upturn of fortunes. The Scots are going to find the going pretty tough I think.

crickethorizon, are you Bangladeshi/have a real interest in Bangladeshi cricket. If so check out the Bangladesh Domestic Season Thread (link in my sig), it'd be great to have someone with a bit more inside knowledge there.

Craig

World Traveller
chaminda_00 said:
They will if they keep their ODI status after the World Cup. I see no reason why Scotland, Ireland and Holland can't play against Test Nations in ODI, they have earned the right. Also how are going to be fast tracked if they only play each other.

IMO Scotland and Ireland are just below Bangladesh.
What has happened with Kenya?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Money problems I think, they can't afford to go on these sort of oversea's tours which is a real shame.

Scotland 153
CJO Smith 30, GM Hamilton 29
Shadhadat Hossain 3/38, Abdur Razzaq 2/16, Mashrafe Mortaza 2/49

HawkEye000

Cricket Spectator
Craig said:
What has happened with Kenya?
Kenya did visit Bangladesh in March this year but lost the 4 match series 4-0. Bangladesh made a retrun trip in August and again whitewashed them 3-0.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Two contrasting innings here: Nafees, who appeared so fluent against Zimbabwe, has crawled to 20 from 42 balls, while Aftab has hammered 60 from 44. Bangladesh should have this one in the bag.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Six-wicket win inside 29.1 overs. Spinners Ross Lyons took two, but was slapped for 52 runs. Unbeaten 20 for Saqibul, 66 for Aftab, and 36 from Nafees.

Miraz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
chaminda_00 said:
They will if they keep their ODI status after the World Cup. I see no reason why Scotland, Ireland and Holland can't play against Test Nations in ODI, they have earned the right. Also how are going to be fast tracked if they only play each other.

IMO Scotland and Ireland are just below Bangladesh.
Nope!!

Bangladesh in early 2001-2002 was like that.

Current Bangladesh team has a gulf difference between Scots or Irish team.

BCB academy team can easily beat both of them like they did in the first practice match.

But, I do support that Scots and Ireland should play more ODI against test teams.

crickmate

U19 12th Man
Just read this on cricket scotland web site: "Ryan Watson was out when the ball he was attempting to hook penetrated his helmet visor, causing him to fall on his stumps, and sending him to hospital."

How is his status now? And who's dellivery was that?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
crickmate said:
Just read this on cricket scotland web site: "Ryan Watson was out when the ball he was attempting to hook penetrated his helmet visor, causing him to fall on his stumps, and sending him to hospital."

Mashrafe bowled it I believe.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
crickmate said:

Mashrafe Mortaza.

crickmate

U19 12th Man
Incidentally after yesterday's match Mortaza is the highest wicket taker in 2006 ODIs. The only 3 ODI remaining this year are:

Bangladesh v Scotland at Dhaka, 2nd ODI, Dec 17
New Zealand v Sri Lanka at Napier, 1st ODI, Dec 28
New Zealand v Sri Lanka at Queenstown, 2nd ODI, Dec 31

So, its a safe bet that he will remain the highest wicket taker in 2006.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Very interesting that Mashrafe Mortaza will almost definately be the leading ODI wicket taker for 2006.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Perm said:
Very interesting that Mashrafe Mortaza will almost definately be the leading ODI wicket taker for 2006.
Well, if Jerome Taylor takes eight for 21 against Pakistan tomorrow... ;)

What's really amusing is to look at ODI win-loss records, tho:

1) Oz: 29 matches, 20-8
2) NZ: 12 matches, 8-4
3) Ban: 27 matches, 17-10
4) RSA: 24 matches, 15-9
5) WI: 32 matches, 18-13
9) Ind 30 matches, 13-15
14) Eng 20 matches, 5-14

Slight difference in strength of opposition, maybe?

shortpitched713

International Captain
Perm said:
What do you expect when he's on a team a team that plays most of its matches against Zim? 8-)