• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Commonwealth Bank Tri-Series

James

Cricket Web Owner
Commonwealth Bank Series 2007

One-Day International Series: Australia/England/New Zealand (2007)

12 Jan 2007 Australia v England @ Melbourne Cricket Ground
14 Jan 2007 Australia v New Zealand @ Bellerive Oval
16 Jan 2007 England v New Zealand @ Bellerive Oval
19 Jan 2007 Australia v England @ The Gabba
21 Jan 2007 Australia v New Zealand @ Sydney Cricket Ground
23 Jan 2007 England v New Zealand @ Adelaide Oval
28 Jan 2007 Australia v New Zealand @ WACA
30 Jan 2007 England v New Zealand @ WACA
02 Feb 2007 Australia v England @ Sydney Cricket Ground
04 Feb 2007 Australia v New Zealand @ Melbourne Cricket Ground
06 Feb 2007 England v New Zealand @ The Gabba
09 Feb 2007 1st Final @ Melbourne Cricket Ground
11 Feb 2007 2nd Final @ Sydney Cricket Ground
13 Feb 2007 3rd Final (if needed) @ The Gabba

Salamuddin

International Debutant
James said:
Commonwealth Bank Series 2007

One-Day International Series: Australia/England/New Zealand (2007)

12 Jan 2007 Australia v England @ Melbourne Cricket Ground
14 Jan 2007 Australia v New Zealand @ Bellerive Oval
16 Jan 2007 England v New Zealand @ Bellerive Oval
19 Jan 2007 Australia v England @ The Gabba
21 Jan 2007 Australia v New Zealand @ Sydney Cricket Ground
23 Jan 2007 England v New Zealand @ Adelaide Oval
28 Jan 2007 Australia v New Zealand @ WACA
30 Jan 2007 England v New Zealand @ WACA
02 Feb 2007 Australia v England @ Sydney Cricket Ground
04 Feb 2007 Australia v New Zealand @ Melbourne Cricket Ground
06 Feb 2007 England v New Zealand @ The Gabba
09 Feb 2007 1st Final @ Melbourne Cricket Ground
11 Feb 2007 2nd Final @ Sydney Cricket Ground
13 Feb 2007 3rd Final (if needed) @ The Gabba

No prizes for guessing who's not going to make it to the finals......:laugh:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For NZ it's nothing to do with the Ashes.

Certainly hoping NZ will make the finals, and since England are in the same group in the World Cup it'll be a useful opportunity for both sides I guess.

Dravid

International Captain
_Ed_ said:
For NZ it's nothing to do with the Ashes.

Certainly hoping NZ will make the finals, and since England are in the same group in the World Cup it'll be a useful opportunity for both sides I guess.
Hahaha, isn't it like 100% sure already that NZ will make the final.

_Ed_

Nothing's ever 100% sure with NZ. We're unpredictable even when fully fit, and you never know, our entire bowling attack could get hit by a crash-landing skydiver.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I only want NZ to make the final as long as they are going to give decent competition in the finals series against who will almost certainly be Australia.

Dravid

International Captain
_Ed_ said:
Nothing's ever 100% sure with NZ. We're unpredictable even when fully fit, and you never know, our entire bowling attack could get hit by a crash-landing skydiver.
It's 100% sure England won't make the final though. So we all know what that means.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd back NZ to win against any side right now with the exception of Australia. Occasionally a team like Sri Lanka or the West Indies will put one past Australia, but New Zealand seem to have no clue at times.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Tim said:
I'd back NZ to win against any side right now with the exception of Australia. Occasionally a team like Sri Lanka or the West Indies will put one past Australia, but New Zealand seem to have no clue at times.

I'd back a full strength Pakistan to beat NZ.

And didn't you guys lose 4-0 in RSA not that long ago.....:) ?

_Ed_

England are a struggling ODI side and are ranked well below Australia and NZ (1 and 3 respectively), but with a guy like Flintoff in the side you never know. He's capable of some amazing things.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Shoaib has always been a major foil for NZ, without him..i'd favour New Zealand to win.
Yeah we did lose 4-0 in South Africa, there is no hiding from that..we deserved to lose. The games all went to the final 5 overs and it was extremely tight..but South Africa played the better cricket when it mattered. New Zealand could have won that series 4-0 themselves but it's all history. Not forgetting that we beat South Africa 5-1 at home the previous season :)

Last edited:

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Looking forward to seeing who's in the One day squad for Australia and who replaces Martyn. IMO Cameron White would be a great replacement, hes young and is really starting to mature as a player. The knock he played on the weekend was amazing. I just hope Stuart Clark issnt picked and our 6 main bowlers are Mitch Johnson, Glenn Mcgrath, Brett Lee, Shaun Tait and maybe even Shane Harwood as a darkhorse.

_Ed_

And even with Shoaib in the side NZ comfortably beat Pakistan in the last series in NZ. In Pakistan is a very different story though.

Josh

International Regular
Yeh dunno about Clark in one-dayers, proven in tests, but I have a feeling that some batsmen could get after him in the limited overs games.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
It would be great if you sprung a few surprises like Brett Dorey and Mick Lewis...thank you very much.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
_Ed_ said:
And even with Shoaib in the side NZ comfortably beat Pakistan in the last series in NZ. In Pakistan is a very different story though.

That was pre-Woolmer though wasn't it ?

Kiwis will be hard to beat in NZ granted, but anywhere else I'd back Pakistan to come out trumps

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
didn't NZ just beat Pakistan at the Champions trophy? they also beat South Africa...