• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Problems in 1st O.D.I Ind vs W.I

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Comms :

Bottles being hurled onto the ground here. A few idiots in the venue ruining things for everyone here at the Keenan stadium in Jamshedpur. A poor advertisement for this venue

Play has been stopped while ball-boys help clear the grouns. Some people are lighting fires with banners and pieces of paper as well

Shameful this, Mike Procter the match referee watches on with a worried look on his face

The fires now are raging in many parts of the ground. All the papers on hand being added to the small fires. The players are now walking off the ground...

Sad, sad scenes here at the Keenan stadium as Sarwan sprints off, followed by the rest of the p[layers

Will the game be abandoned here? Will they come back to finish this? The light isn't great here either...

The news is coming through now, this game has been abandoned. Now that means that the West Indies have won this game by the Duckworth-Lewis method

Please stay with us, we will bring you more details in the minutes to follow

At the stage when the game was called off, West Indies were 271/4 needing a further 13 runs from three overs

Ironically there's a banner that reads "We are Indian but love West Indies" in the crowd. Sportsmanship among the unruly mobs here at Jamshedpur...

And more amazing scenes here as the players come back onto the field!

This after it was announced that West Indies had won this game

Even huge advertising hoardings are being burnt here "

After all that the players came back and game resumed for some strange reason

W.I lost to wickets 1 to Nehra Chanderpaul gone
1 Jacobs Runout of Agarkar

W.I need 4 of 2

Sarwan on 79* at the moment great knock from him

Harbajan singh 9-0-58-0 one would have wondered why did ganguly keep continue giving him overs and kumble for that matter

3 Runs needed of 1 ball

last Ball Sarwan charges to agarkar blasts the 4....

See the reason why i HATE agarkar ?!

A funny and sad day of cricket

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It's a good job West Indies did win it, otherwise there would have been massive complaints, and rightly so in my view.

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Originally posted by marc71178
It's a good job West Indies did win it, otherwise there would have been massive complaints, and rightly so in my view.
Yes WI looked like surely winning it, before the crowd trouble as they were sitting pretty at 271/4 in the 47th over and they deservedly won it at the end, although a little more dramatically then what it appeared at the beginning.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by aussie_beater
Yes WI looked like surely winning it, before the crowd trouble as they were sitting pretty at 271/4 in the 47th over and they deservedly won it at the end, although a little more dramatically then what it appeared at the beginning.
Without Sachin and Zaheer, Indians are going to struggle a little in this series. A series loss is also a possibility, I feel. Surprisingly, Harb and Kumble went for a lot yesterday. How was J.P Yadav? Any faint glimmerings of some promise there?

Agarkar did a good job. Bringing him up as a surprise option is good, but keeping him as a pinch hitter might backfire though, especially in SA where the pitches are bouncier and the bowlers will be faster and more hostile.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The young talent for WI continues to shine. Sarwan, Hinds and Samuels all played extremely well.

I am also very proud of Jacobs. he came in at a tough time and although he hasn't scored runs in this series, he ran himself out to give Sarwan the strike. That's putting the team first. Well done!

I am, however, extremely disappointed in the Indian crowd. That was immaturee and childish. The game was great to that point. It's a shame indeed.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Well I suppose you could call the Australians slagging off England, childish and imature :lol:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by aussie_beater
I logged off when Cricinfo announced that the Windies had won - had they not, there would have been a lot of kerfuffle.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I am also very proud of Jacobs. he came in at a tough time and although he hasn't scored runs in this series, he ran himself out to give Sarwan the strike. That's putting the team first. Well done!
First time I've seen someone praised for getting out for a 5-ball duck in the last over of a run chase!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well I suppose you could call the Australians slagging off England, childish and imature :lol:
No, they're better than us, and they know it. If we were better than them, I've no doubt we'd be the same.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Neither a like-for-like comparison nor a relevant comment Rik..

Increasing crowd violence is a very worrying situation in Cricket. The 1996 World Cup, 2001 NatWest Series and now this.

The first and third when Subcontinent sides were losing, and the second also involving a subcontinent side.

I'm not saying that it's limited to SubC sides (seen our football fans?!) but I wonder why that in cricket it tends to be SubC orientated?

loz185

Cricket Spectator
because they are generally more passionate about cricket than the other teams. Seen how mad they are about tendulkar et al? Then you will know that losing in India is not an option

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I think this is one of the main reasons this happened this time...

Tendulkar out and India getting beat doesn't make a good mix...

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
but I wonder why that in cricket it tends to be SubC orientated?
Because this is the premier sport in the region, the most followed and most loved just as soccer is in England. Maybe thats why crowds are a bit over enthusiastic about their teams performance. But why the fire scenes ?