• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the West Indians

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I say let the one-sided battles run at least 12 hours. It takes the fun out of battles when they go too fast as some of them did in the battle of the subcontinent.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Yeah, I knew before that battle had started that Croft was going to win, but anyhow. When someone becomes 7-0 up, I will call it quits.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
The Sean said:
With no seedings though, let's just hope we don't end up with Sobers v Viv/Marshall in the first round!
At times like this, I usually switched things around a bit in the battle of the Aussies. Pretty sure I had McGrath vs Miller in the first round, I switched things around a bit and ended having that same battle as the grand final. Don't think too many people will complain of that outcome.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
PhoenixFire said:
Yeah, I knew before that battle had started that Croft was going to win, but anyhow. When someone becomes 7-0 up, I will call it quits.
I don't agree with that, what if 7 people who like Dave Mohammad vote for him within an hour over Marshall? I think letting it run 12 hours is a better option.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I do have a type of seeding system, if you look at the main page. Sobers, Marshall, Lara, Holding, Garner etc all seem to b nearer to the top of the list, whilst the lesser players are further down.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
nightprowler10 said:
I don't agree with that, what if 7 people who like Dave Mohammad vote for him within an hour over Marshall? I think letting it run 12 hours is a better option.
I'll just use common sense on these ones. On ones olike this, it's clear that Croft is going to win it, but I'll let other go on for longer if there seems to be more open about it.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
PhoenixFire said:
Personaly, I'd be tempted to vote Viv Richards over Sobers.

How about putting Sober's, Viv, Lara and Marshall into the last 4 and have the rest battle it out for the right to meet them?:unsure:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Croft anyway, obviously. Impressive strike rate the big fella had. Seemed to have a bit of devil about him, which I like in a seamer.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm, missed nominating players.

Surprised that Charlie Davis didnt get a mention.

Id also have had Logie in for his decent batting and great fielding

and John Shepherd was a good cricketer, short test career but Wisden Cricketer of the Year 1979.

Oh well, Id have 'em in, especially given the average nature of a few included.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Goughy said:
Hmm, missed nominating players.

Surprised that Charlie Davis didnt get a mention.

Id also have had Logie in for his decent batting and great fielding

and John Shepherd was a good cricketer, short test career but Wisden Cricketer of the Year 1979.

Oh well, Id have 'em in, especially given the average nature of a few included.
damn! gus logie was a huge miss!