• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Murali's run out and the spirit of the game.

Were NZ right o run out Murali?

• Total voters

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
JF. said:
I think it's hypocritical of him to complain about poor sportsmanship and then do this!
You can't have it both ways! :wacko:
Ah I see, well I agree with you there, it is a bit rich to cry foul sportsmanship and then do what he did. But then again, Jayawardene always struck me as a bit of an ass. He's no Sanga, whose just awesome :cool:

My contention is that whilst in club cricket where I play I wouldn't do what McCullum did, I understand that at test level there's so much more at stake so its understandable. I apply that same line of thinking with what Jayawardene is doing. He's clearly not happy that Malinga's advantage is being removed, so he's questioning it. The difference is because Jayawardene has whinged about sportsmanship, he's gone and contradicted himself.

That being said, I reckon Mahela's a good captain though, plays the game hard and has brought a "bust your ass off and win" attitude back to SL which Marvan Atapattu and Sanath Jayasuriya never did IMO. They were both far too soft and let the game slide too often. No presence and leadership on field.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
BTW, JF, I really didn't know u were a girl till now. Sorry abt all that "mate" stuff.

I am not really well up on these things, but is it even acceptable to call a girl "mate"? I thought it was a male word.

JF.

School Boy/Girl Captain
honestbharani said:
I didn't notice the part u had apologized. It's all cool, mate. It is common to have differences of opinion around here. WE have started off on the wrong note but hope we will have some interesting (and hopefully, mutually agreeable) conversations through CW.

BTW, sorry to say this so late, welcome to CW. :)

And congrats on the awards, whatever they are. ;) :)
Ok the past is forgotten. Who are you again? :happy:

Thanks for the welcome :)

JF.

School Boy/Girl Captain
honestbharani said:
BTW, JF, I really didn't know u were a girl till now. Sorry abt all that "mate" stuff.

I am not really well up on these things, but is it even acceptable to call a girl "mate"? I thought it was a male word.
:laugh: Don't worry. We Aussies call everyone 'mate'! I even called YOU mate :ph34r:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
JF. said:
Ok the past is forgotten. Who are you again? :happy:

Thanks for the welcome :)

I am an Indian. I love cricket and I am really unhappy that because of my work, I have not been able to watch all international cricket over the last year and a half like I used to back in my school and college days. :)

so, who are you? :happy:

JF.

School Boy/Girl Captain
honestbharani said:
I am an Indian. I love cricket and I am really unhappy that because of my work, I have not been able to watch all international cricket over the last year and a half like I used to back in my school and college days. :)

so, who are you? :happy:
haha I have yet to meet an Indian who is not obsessed with cricket!!

I'm a middle aged Aussie. Used to play women's cricket in my younger days :cool: - not that I was any good at it mind you :unsure: . I had a rock solid forward defensive so they made me open the batting :laugh:

Even got to play in a premiership side once :) :) :) :)

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Alright, leave it now....

Personally, I would like to see more Ruthlessness in the game. Cricket is a competetive, quick sport and if you are aware, and you want to win, then you are ruthless.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
JF. said:
haha I have yet to meet an Indian who is not obsessed with cricket!!

I'm a middle aged Aussie. Used to play women's cricket in my younger days :cool: - not that I was any good at it mind you :unsure: . I had a rock solid forward defensive so they made me open the batting :laugh:

Even got to play in a premiership side once :) :) :) :)

Wow. I have to confess you have more pedigree than I do. I only made it to my school and college sides as a wicket keeper who used to bat more in the Andy Flower mode than the Adam Gilchrist mode. :(

Was never really good enough for any of the clubs, tbh. :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
honestbharani said:
Wow. I have to confess you have more pedigree than I do. I only made it to my school and college sides as a wicket keeper who used to bat more in the Andy Flower mode than the Adam Gilchrist mode. :(
Properly? :ph34r: