• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Youngest ever FC player?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nor real sure on this, but I remember reading somewhere that WG played 1st class cricekt age 9 :-O

I think it was in a book on Bradman by Roland Perry, but I'm not sure.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Google tells me: Sarwan 15 in the WI, Len Junor 15 in Australia.

Then of course there's Hasan Raza, who allegedly made his FC debut at 14 years 215 days, 12 days before his Test debut.

Can't find owt definitive.

As for WG... CricketArchive has young William playing for Clifton in 1859 at the age of 11, but that wasn't a first-class game (WG, batting at 11, made 0 and 0*). It wasn't until he was 15 that he played his first FC game... and got another blob.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Without intending to sounds racist towards Pakistan or Pakistani people I doubt there is much truth behind a lot of the "ages" of some of the players.

R_D

International Debutant
Perm said:
Without intending to sounds racist towards Pakistan or Pakistani people I doubt there is much truth behind a lot of the "ages" of some of the players.
hehehe i don't know how that would be racist but anyway :p

Alot of the players ages are questionable... Afridi's still 26. I think Afridi must ages once every 2 or 3 years.

Beleg

International Regular
I think Mushtaq Mohammad's date of birth can be considered fairly reliable.