• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What if Tendulkar was an Aussie ?

Krishna_j

U19 12th Man
What if Tendulkar were an Aussie ?

Tendulkar hardly played any 5 test match series in his entire career to date - most of them have been 3 or 4 matches and inconsistent 'paper' heavy batting sides and on an average only 3 home tests

As an Aussie he would have been guaranteed 6 home tests every year- plus a strong bowling and consistent batters around him - reckon he would have been 15,000 runs + 40 centuries at the minimum by now injuries et al

Last edited:

Dravid

International Captain
silentstriker said:
If he was, he'd be dropped on current form.
That would be the day then I would turn from Aussie fan, to an all out Aussie Cricket hater.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
If he was, he'd not have debuted until 22 or 23 - so wouldn't have played that many matches.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
silentstriker said:
If he was, he'd be dropped on current form.
:laugh: :laugh:

besides Australian middle order batsman bat less per match than any other team because Australia often only needs 1 innings. When they go to the second innings they don't usually bat as often either...

He'd have less runs that ponting.

PrincePeiterson

Cricket Spectator
"if" he was australian he would probably have been more organised as a player. made to work harder than he has been. less inclined to injury. played less cricket at an early age. and he would be alot less revered.

What if Peiterson or Hayden were Indian?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
PrincePeiterson said:
"if" he was australian he would probably have been more organised as a player.
In what way?

PrincePeiterson said:
made to work harder than he has been.
TBH, you'll find few harder workers than Tendulkar (Dravid, Kumble too).

PrincePeiterson said:
less inclined to injury.
What do you mean 'less inclined'? How many players who've played 17 years of international cricket are injury free?

played less cricket at an early age. and he would be alot less revered.
yea.

PrincePeiterson

Cricket Spectator
imo and from what iknow of australian cricket he would have gone to an academy as a young boy and had an intensive education from the best cricket minds in the world? (a bit like what we are doing now in england) and for me that would have made him a more organised player.

As a young player he would have had to work alot harder to break into the Australian team. The last time a real young player played for australia was ricky ponting and he was 20 or 21? Tendulkar would have spent alot more time at first class level battling to break into the side.

I would take this back probably but i just always imagined australia to have a better fitness program and better player managment than any other team in the world during the last 8-10 years. I also dont think India has been greta in this area.

C_C

International Captain
If Tendulkar was an Aussie, he'd have debuted 2 years later as an 18 year old ( 20-22 is absurd. Tendy was the biggest prodigy to play cricket in recent times and if he was averaging 50+ as an 18 year old in FC cricket, he'd definately get in before Martyn or Mark Waugh in 91), would have played about 50-75 less ODIs, 20-30 more Tests and would probably have been averaging 60-ish, considering that Aussie batsmen of the last 5-6 years have had the easiest time batting in a long long time.