• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What if Tendulkar was an Aussie ?

Krishna_j

U19 12th Man
silentstriker said:
As an example, I do not believe that Malcolm Marshall and Richard Hadlee have ever faced Tendulkar, let alone facing them in their primes (let alone his own).

Hadlee did play against Tendulkar in the 1990 test series

Krishna_j

U19 12th Man
silentstriker said:
His test average from 1989-1993 was only 37. So he clearly wasn't at his best then. His average from 1994-2002 is 61.

His prime was clearly later.

Stats can always be twisted - he played hardly 25 -30 matches till 1993 - you should take it till 1995-6 to be more equitable

Krishna_j

U19 12th Man
Ok the point I also want to make is if u play a longer than 3 test series chances are if u are out of form u can play yourself in

ex : 4 test series vs Aus in 2003 where Sachin came into form only in the 4th test and smashed 241 - had he be an Aussie he would have played a min of 6 tests on home ground every year and 5 or 6 test match series against eng and Wi and taken a horde of runs as well

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Krishna_j said:
Stats can always be twisted - he played hardly 25 -30 matches till 1993 - you should take it till 1995-6 to be more equitable
Then you should list the bowling lineups from 1995-1996.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Krishna_j said:
Ok the point I also want to make is if u play a longer than 3 test series chances are if u are out of form u can play yourself in

ex : 4 test series vs Aus in 2003 where Sachin came into form only in the 4th test and smashed 241 - had he be an Aussie he would have played a min of 6 tests on home ground every year and 5 or 6 test match series against eng and Wi and taken a horde of runs as well
I don't think its proven that batsman score more runs per test in a five or six test match series than a three match series. In fact, I am pretty sure this is inaccurate. Do you have any stats that show otherwise?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
C_C said:
And if you think i am bluffing, would you be so kind to post Atherton or Gough's under-15 record here- just to demonstrate that these things are available online ?
I'm not the one making claims about players which I can't back up with facts.

PrincePeiterson

Cricket Spectator
Tale of two cities, McBeth?

You read those in grade 9? We did McBeth in grade 4 over here and I'm pretty sure I read Tale of Two Cities when I was 12. Hardley impressive that those texts were part of your later school corriculum. The most chellenging book I've ever read was To Kill a Mockingbird and that was part of a grade 8 English course. If you think that western students are all "inferior" to their Indian counterparts then I tink we all know just who not to listen too in matters reguarding bias.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Matt79 said:
Lovely speech. Relevance to the issue at hand?

Thanks by the way for clarifying how Asian people think for me. Might come in handy if I ever meet one.
silentstriker said:
Don't worry mate, most of us aren't like that.
Yeah, funnily enough being married to an Asian woman and having spent heaps of time with her family I know that... 8-) It's just hard as a typical 'whitewashed' cultural supremacist trying to maintain the world's status quo to reconcile my automatic contempt for all things Asian with my adoration of my wife and child... :wacko: