• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Allrounder Statistical Rating

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
aussie tragic said:
Sorry, I'm late. Pollock scores 110.7 for his 26 tests as captain (2nd, but only just better than Miller and Imran's all-time rating)
So you still haven't given us this software you're using.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Okay, I can't handle the fact that Davidson and Benaud are not there, so since we have 2.4 wkst per match as a minimum, I think 24 runs average is a nice symetrical figure...

So "Final, Final" All-Time Greatest Allrounder List is as follows:

{Entry Criteria: Batting, 1000 runs @ Ave > 24.00 and 50 wkts @ Ave < 35.00 and > 2.4 Wkts per match}

Tier 1 [Rating > 100]

1. Sobers --- (125.4)
2. Miller --- (111.0)
3. Imran --- (110.8)
4. Faulkner --- (110.5)
5. Botham --- (109.8)
6. Greig --- (102.9)
7. Hadlee --- (102.6)
8. Cairns --- (101.5)
9. Pollock --- (100.3)

Tier 2

10. Davidson --- (97.7)
11. Goddard --- (97.2)
12. Gregory --- (96.6)
13. Flintoff --- (96.0)
14. Noble --- (94.9)
15. Benaud --- (92.4)
16. Dev --- (92.3)
17. Mankad --- (89.4)
18. Tate --- (81.1)

Tier 3 [Honourable Mention]

Kallis, Procter, McMillan, Akram, Kelleway, Lindwall, Bailey, Rhodes, Prabhakar, Nadkarni, Streak, Vaas, Vettori

Last edited:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Great work going into the detail you have for this - kudos!

Can't put forward too many arguments for your final lists either. Great to see Nugget at no.2. :)

aussie tragic

International Captain
silentstriker said:
All right fine. My love of stats > my love of McGrath. McGrath is the 5th best aussie bowler ever. Now can I get that stat program?
Sorry, not as long as GM-OLAS is surviving, although I'm sure your followers should now be abandoning you in droves for blasphemy :)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
aussie tragic said:
Sorry, not as long as GM-OLAS is surviving, although I'm sure your followers should now be abandoning you in droves for blasphemy :)
Bleh, fine. You just don't want to give it up. Fair enough ;).