• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

question on bradman

PhoenixFire

International Coach
mohammad16 said:
michael jordan, or for taht fact anyone with the frame of 6'6 averaging 43 points per game is impossible

humanly impossible

bradman cant be that good, i refuse to believe it
Are you questioning the logic of the theory, or the fact that Bradman was so good?

Dravid

International Captain
mohammad16 said:
yea he scored 100 in a game too, but the guy wsa a 7 footer plus he coudlnt have averaged that in the modern game noway

shaqs nearly as good of a player as chamberline was
Shaq is overrated now a days. He isn't what he used to be and Dwight Howard >>>>>>>> Shaq.

Josh

International Regular
There are not many records that suggest Bradman ever hit a six.

Astonishing, that.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
silentstriker said:
You realize they changed the rules of baskestball just so he wouldn't dominate as much.
So? He was like the tallest man in NBA. He would just stand by the basket and wait till somebody got the ball over to him, and then he would just put the ball in the basket. Also, AFAIK, the baskets were not as high as they are these days. Wilt Chamberlain was only good because he was tall.

Dravid

International Captain
nightprowler10 said:
So? He was like the tallest man in NBA. He would just stand by the basket and wait till somebody got the ball over to him, and then he would just put the ball in the basket. Also, AFAIK, the baskets were not as high as they are these days. Wilt Chamberlain was only good because he was tall.
Manute Bol? Tallest man to set foot on an NBA court, yet no where as near as good as Wilt. Height isn't the only thing that got him points. He had skills.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Dravid said:
Manute Bol? Tallest man to set foot on an NBA court, yet no where as near as good as Wilt. Height isn't the only thing that got him points. He had skills.
I wonder how many good seasons could he have had if not for his height though. The man shot a mediocre .511 from the free throw line.

shortpitched713

International Captain
nightprowler10 said:
I wonder how many good seasons could he have had if not for his height though. The man shot a mediocre .511 from the free throw line.
They changed the free throw shooting rule because Chamberlain liked to shoot off the backboard and jump in his free throws. Wonder why he wasn't so hot from the free throw line?

Also, basketball hoops have been 10 feet high since the game was invented in the 1890's. Would've expected better basketball knowledge from an American...

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Dravid said:
Shaq is overrated now a days. He isn't what he used to be and Dwight Howard >>>>>>>> Shaq.
im talking shaq in his prime easily comparable to or better then chamberline

and dwight howard isnt playoff material yet

yao ming is the best big man in the nba right now

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone want to discuss Donald Bradman or is the NBA the hot topic?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
PhoenixFire said:
It was one of the reasons why he very rarely got out, he nearly always kept the ball along the floor.
That is true, but I think the rule still existed then that the ball had to leave the ground to be a six. Not entirely sure about that though.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
_Ed_ said:
That is true, but I think the rule still existed then that the ball had to leave the ground to be a six. Not entirely sure about that though.
ahahah thats bananas i dnot believe tht rule, unless grounds were much smaller

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
shortpitched713 said:
Also, basketball hoops have been 10 feet high since the game was invented in the 1890's. Would've expected better basketball knowledge from an American...
Wasn't sure about that myself, which is why I added the AFAIK bit since I was going by my memory. And living in America has what to do with basketball knowledge? I have lived in the US for the better part of my life and I know more about cricket than most English, Austrlians, Indians, and Pakistanis that I have ever met. What does that have to do with anything?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
mohammad16 said:
I guarantee it was true early in the 20th century, when hardly anyone apart from Gilbert Jessop hit sixes. Not sure when it was changed though.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
nightprowler10 said:
Wasn't sure about that myself, which is why I added the AFAIK bit since I was going by my memory. And living in America has what to do with basketball knowledge? I have lived in the US for the better part of my life and I know more about cricket than most English, Austrlians, Indians, and Pakistanis that I have ever met. What does that have to do with anything?
word man it dont

i live in canada, but i really follwo basketball and cricket with a passion

i played alot of bball growing up, but now i mostly play cricket

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
mohammad16 said:
It's true. Over the fence was a five, out of the ground was a six. I believe this rule was changed during Bradman's career.