• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aaron Laraman (Middlesex)

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
Somerset are keen to sign Aaron Laraman of Middlesex as a fast-bowling, big-hitting prospect. Anyone heard of him or know what he's like? Seems another gamble to me. We're also after an 'english-qualified' top-order batsman ie) a jamaican/afghan cricketer who once lived at Clerkenwell for a time and can now play for England due to a scottish great aunt.

Thoughts please folks. Oh, and fingers crossed that Vaughan gets stuck into Queensland. Glad we are slowing some backbone and fight now though the bowling is still a little toothless.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Big, Tall, Youngish and a big hitter indeed. He has been very impressive but this year he was a little dodgy but I think he will stay at Middlesex...someone's gotta take over from Gus.

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
Laraman

Originally posted by Rik
Big, Tall, Youngish and a big hitter indeed. He has been very impressive but this year he was a little dodgy but I think he will stay at Middlesex...someone's gotta take over from Gus.
A gentleman's wager says he goes. Reported in the press this w/e that we're confident of getting him. Also reported on Somerset's site that we're chasing him. If I know Peter Anderson (Somerset CEO), he wouldn't risk egg on his large face unless it was a near certainty.

We now just need a top class England prospect to plug the gap at the top of the order.......any one going you know of??

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Strauss ain't half bad...but ya not nicking him as well! I'm interisted to see how Ian Bell does after his poor season and also how his brother Keith does as he has been signed onto the staff at the age of 17 or sommit. If Crawley keeps getting low scores then I hope Bell will be given a chance next year...a test debut against Zimbabwe would be perfect!