• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BREAKING NEWS:::: SHOIAB and ASIF ban Lifted!!!!!!

Bouncer

State Regular
Just saw on Pakistani news paper websites!!!!!!

**** as i write Damina Martyn leaves, Aussies lose 4th!!! Miracles hapenning for everyone i guess:D

Details coming.............

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Saw this coming tbh. PCB were never going to keep the ban. Just make it look like they were cracking down, but I bet they say they both had good reasons.

Bouncer

State Regular
Breaking News on cricinfo now!!!:dry: :)

They may even play in the current ODI series with Windies!!!!:unsure:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Utterly ridiculous in my opinion, they did the crime and so they should do the time. Shane Warne "claimed" he didn't know he has taking illegal drugs and he got banned, why is it different for these two? The Pakistan Cricket Board are "corrupt" for want of a better word, saw it coming though because there was no way they would've deprived Pakistan of their two best bowlers.

pasag

RTDAS
Doesn't bother me tbh. Thought the original bans were an overreaction and would rather this than that.

Bouncer

State Regular
Perm said:
Utterly ridiculous in my opinion, they did the crime and so they should do the time. Shane Warne "claimed" he didn't know he has taking illegal drugs and he got banned, why is it different for these two? The Pakistan Cricket Board are "corrupt" for want of a better word, saw it coming though because there was no way they would've deprived Pakistan of their two best bowlers.

Agree with you partially on this being a bad decision.

But Decision was made by a saperate tribunal bot by PCB, and cant be compared with Warne as i am unaware as if Wanrne appealed against his case, as these guys did appeal after the first punishment was announced!

I persoanlly would hve loved to see Shoaib out...............but i dont mind seeing him back either, I Know its confusing, Sorry!!!:)

Slow Love™

International Captain
I half expected the appeals to be successful, though I thought it would be on the basis of the PCB not adhering to the prescribed method viz-a-viz their testing procedure. Is that the defence that has been accepted? The BBC article kinda implies the tribunal might have accepted the defence that they didn't know they were taking these substances... Which seems a bit ridiculous, particularly in Akhtar's case.

I think the PCB screwed themselves in trying to deal with this themselves, out of fear perhaps that the ICC would be even harsher on the players concerned.

Dravid

International Captain
I believe this was planned by PCB all along. Ban them first to make it look like they care, but then have the ban lifted so it doesn't hurt them in the world cup. I have lost more respect for PCB after this incident.

Bouncer

State Regular
Dravid said:
I believe this was planned by PCB all along.
If You belived it, Then Why in the freaking hell you did not tell us:laugh: :laugh: all when this whole saga started?:)

If i belive you for a Minute, then you probably also know the result of upcoming SA Inda Test series, Would you like to share that now or come back at end of the series and tell us that you knew what was happening before the first test!8-)

mohammad16

U19 Captain
WOW I AM SO HAPPY I CANT describe, the levels of that drug in shoaib were in significant, this is just great for pakistan cricket, now it reall boosts thier cahnces in the world cup

shoaib is the most entertaining bowler in cricket and really what sad way it woudl have been to leave

i am confident these guys didnt take any drugs to actually increase thier performance
if the drugs were taken to heal quicker, i think the alloted punishment was a bit too hard, i mean players are able to get away with alot of other thigs in sport, and its not liek shoaibs been bowling consistnetly over 100 mph

ALso i expected this aswell, however ididnt they think they would actually get banned and then have thier sentences over turned, i felft that pcb would make noise by assusing them, and when i heard that pcb was in charge of the investigation, i knew that there was a big chance shoaib and asif would get off the hook.

jus great for cricket

Dravid

International Captain
Bouncer said:
If You belived it, Then Why in the freaking hell you did not tell us:laugh: :laugh: all when this whole saga started?:)

If i belive you for a Minute, then you probably also know the result of upcoming SA Inda Test series, Would you like to share that now or come back at end of the series and tell us that you knew what was happening before the first test!8-)
Erm, what? Did I say I know for sure, or I knew that when the ban was placed?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
mohammad16 said:
i am confident these guys didnt take any drugs to actually increase thier performance if the drugs were taken to heal quicker, i think the alloted punishment was a bit too hard
Why exactly would that mean there should be a distinction?

It's cheating either way, and in fact one could argue that by taking them to ensure they get back on the field sooner they are performance enhancing.

mohammad16 said:
jus great for cricket
I'd strongly disagree with that.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
I'll wait to see the reasons for overturning the bans before reacting...

shortpitched713

International Captain
mohammad16 said:
WOW I AM SO HAPPY I CANT describe, the levels of that drug in shoaib were in significant, this is just great for pakistan cricket, now it reall boosts thier cahnces in the world cup

shoaib is the most entertaining bowler in cricket and really what sad way it woudl have been to leave

i am confident these guys didnt take any drugs to actually increase thier performance
if the drugs were taken to heal quicker, i think the alloted punishment was a bit too hard, i mean players are able to get away with alot of other thigs in sport, and its not liek shoaibs been bowling consistnetly over 100 mph

jus great for cricket
I don't even know how to answer that. Just pathetic. The guys did the crime, it doesn't matter for what reason they did it, they should be punished. Extenuating circumstances would only come in to play in lightening the sentence, not letting them off alltogether. I don't even know why yet they've been let of, but its probably some bs excuse from the PCB. I hope Shoaib Akhtar gets injured. Would be poetic justice for mine.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
well maybe im being too lenient but i think, the punishment is harsh even if its 3 months or 2 years

ur labelled a cheat for life, i mean imagine how the public would deal with u for the rest of ur life, its alot for someithing they possibly didnt even take

all im saiying is that, theres a strong possibilty the substance wasnt taken on purpose, and the talk about cricketers should know exactly whats going in is complete BULL, there is no cricketer in the world who monitors his diet from ingredient to ingredient, u got so called experts around u who should be hled more resposible