• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BREAKING NEWS:::: SHOIAB and ASIF ban Lifted!!!!!!

C_C

International Captain
pasag said:
Found an online translator that says it means 'White slaves'. Fits in to the context of what that tool was saying.
The literal translation is 'white slaves' for 'gora gulaam' but i think he meant it in 'white's slaves' sense.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Shane Warne is in the headlines for the wrong reasons with the publication of a book by Dick Pound, the head of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), in which Pound says that Cricket Australia should have banned Warne for longer than 12 months after testing positive for a diuretic in 2003.

Warne is slammed by Pound in Inside Dope, in a chapter on the worst excuses he has heard for positive drug tests.

"Warne said his mother had given him a diuretic so that he would look slimmer on television, without mentioning the shoulder injury from which he was trying to recover," Pound said. "The diuretic was a masking agent that could have hidden the possible use of steroids that would help the injury cure faster. He had returned to play almost twice as quickly as the experts had predicted."

Warne tested positive for diuretic substances hydrochlorothiazide and amiloride and received a one-year ban from Cricket Australia in 2003. He initially told the media that he intended to fight the ban, but later changed his mind, saying it was the Australian way to "take it in the chin". At the time, Cricket Australia described his testimony - and that of his mother - as "vague and inconsistent".

"I was very disappointed with the one-year ban that the Australians gave to Warne," Pound said. "I think you only have to look at what the Australians say about the issue of doping and then look at what they do when their own sportsmen fail tests. Warne was extremely lucky but, at the time, it was not a decision in which WADA had any right to intervene."

Warne declined to comment, but Peter Young, a CA spokesman, defended the one-year ban. "We went through a detailed process with a panel consisting of three experts, including Justice Williams from Queensland, and their findings were published in considerable detail and have been on public record for three years," he said. "We are satisfied that we went through a rigorous and appropriate process under the anti-doping laws as they stood at that time."
I posted this to remind the trolls that its not a white oppressing the poor brown folks thing. Warne did it and got a ban, Asif and Shoaib did it but their ban was overturned.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
silentstriker said:
I posted this to remind the trolls that its not a white oppressing the poor brown folks thing. Warne did it and got a ban, Asif and Shoaib did it but their ban was overturned.

i dont think its out of question that if australian team had the indian roster, pre 2003 world cup, and tendulkar got caught just like warne did, there is a good chance his ban could have been overturned aswell because it would have totally destroyed any chance australia had of winning the world cup, warne was importnat to australia, but there are too many great players in the australian team, and warnes a much bigger threat in test cricket

teh fact that without asif and shoaib pakistan seem to have no chance of winning the world cup might have influenced the desicion

which is wrong but it could be

and as i said, something similar could have happend in australia

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
mohammad16 said:
i dont think its out of question that if australian team had the indian roster, pre 2003 world cup, and tendulkar got caught just like warne did, there is a good chance his ban could have been overturned aswell because it would have totally destroyed any chance australia had of winning the world cup, warne was importnat to australia, but there are too many great players in the australian team, and warnes a much bigger threat in test cricket

teh fact that without asif and shoaib pakistan seem to have no chance of winning the world cup might have influenced the desicion

No mate, you're completely wrong. And Aussies and most other countries care a lot more about test cricket anyway.

Dravid

International Captain
silentstriker said:
No mate, you're completely wrong. And Aussies and most other countries care a lot more about test cricket anyway.
Exactly. Australia care about their test team, and yet banned Warne. You can't use the excuse of Pakistan not having a good bowling line up because thats bull****, you would still have cheaters. Apart from bias members, I don't think anyone would want cheaters to play no matter how good or bad the team is with or without them.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
this is bunch of bull**** why you guys after them so much, leave 'em alone its not like the PCB even had to do the tests..so it was never a planed one like some dumb*** said earlier...warne on the other hand was caught by the icc test i beleave correct if im wrong...

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
LA ICE-E said:
this is bunch of bull**** why you guys after them so much, leave 'em alone its not like the PCB even had to do the tests..so it was never a planed one like some dumb*** said earlier...warne on the other hand was caught by the icc test i beleave correct if im wrong...
haha if you bothered to read the previous page you'd realise that warne was caught by an ACB test. Your obvious ignorance is highlighted by not only this, but by the fact that your implying that they should be allowed to play because the PCB didn't have to perform a drugs test 8-)

adharcric

International Coach
Dravid said:
Exactly. Australia care about their test team, and yet banned Warne. You can't use the excuse of Pakistan not having a good bowling line up because thats bull****, you would still have cheaters. Apart from bias members, I don't think anyone would want cheaters to play no matter how good or bad the team is with or without them.
Actually, while I don't support this decision, deep down inside I don't mind it that much. We'll have a better World Cup if Pakistan have that Akhtar-Asif-Gul attack and I'll take exciting cricket any day. Yet I can imagine the chaos if Pakistan win the WC with "cheaters" leading the attack. :-O

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
adharcric said:
Actually, while I don't support this decision, deep down inside I don't mind it that much. We'll have a better World Cup if Pakistan have that Akhtar-Asif-Gul attack and I'll take exciting cricket any day. Yet I can imagine the chaos if Pakistan win the WC with "cheaters" leading the attack. :-O
I don't think a World Cup win would mean as much to me if its due to these two.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
mohammad16 said:

Yea, I loved Azhar as a player, but that rat bastard had to go after what he did. You can't have cheaters go unpunished. Ever.

adharcric

International Coach
silentstriker said:
Yea, I loved Azhar as a player, but that rat bastard had to go after what he did. You can't have cheaters go unpunished. Ever.
You mean that rat bastard matchfixing disgraceful traitor whore who is forever a pathetic loser in the eyes of SS, GM-OLAS and the entire McGrathist community?

Amen.

Dravid

International Captain
adharcric said:
You mean that rat bastard matchfixing disgraceful traitor whore who is forever a pathetic loser in the eyes of SS, GM-OLAS and the entire McGrathist community?

Amen.
Amen.