• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst batting lineup, India or Pakistan ??

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
I can't figure out which one is worse , but they both are certainly very poor, don't think any major test team (not taking into consideration Bang,Zimb) can match the low standard set by these so called Asian powers.Can't imagine the last time 2 wkt keepers were made to play in OD side, one as a pure batsman.

IF we take out Dravid and YOusuf from the two side, then the 2 respective side would crumble very badly.I can't decide which one is the worst

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
IndianByHeart said:
I can't figure out which one is worse , but they both are certainly very poor, don't think any major test team (not taking into consideration Bang,Zimb) can match the low standard set by these so called Asian powers.Can't imagine the last time 2 wkt keepers were made to play in OD side, one as a pure batsman.

IF we take out Dravid and YOusuf from the two side, then the 2 respective side would crumble very badly.I can't decide which one is the worst

McCullum has batted as a pure batsman, as has Parore at times, in ODI's.

AB de Villiers too, but he's more of a batsman-keeper then keeper-batsman.

I think Stewart also might've played alongside pure keepers?

mohammad16

U19 Captain
both batting line ups are even
on fire power i think pakistani lineup is more explosive on their day, but afridi has to play and this only applies to their ODI side

indian lineup has more exp, probably a better lineup for test matches, but thier odi team is heavily reliant on dhoni

Dravid

International Captain
A few bad matches, and you go off on the line-ups. Sorry to say, but a typical Asian Cricket fan.

adharcric

International Coach
Seriously. This lineup will have a good performance and you'll make a thread saying "Best batting lineup, India or Australia ??". They are struggling, out of form and depleted by the loss of the best batsman (Yuvraj). Chill out.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Silly thread, but an interesting point - most keepers to play in the same ODI side?

If we class a wicketkeeper as someone who's started an ODI as a named gloveman, I can find an England side with three - here - playing Prior, Jones and Trescothick.

Can anyone find a four?

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Yup I think us Indian fans need to chill, yes we should be dissapointed and are just in being so, especially at the work ethic of most of our players. But we also have to realize the fact that we not only sucked in this series but we were also very unlucky. Missing 3 key players, each of them were in form, and losing all the tosses! So I think we need to realize that other than Australia, all other teams are inconsistent, they have their good times and then they have their bad times. Us Indian fans, however, are just so passionate that even one season out of form, and we start criticizing heavily.

Yes we are crap at the moment, but it won't take long for us to find form again and start playing great cricket.

tooextracool

International Coach
umm Inzamam and Younis Khan beats everyone in the Indian batting lineup bar Dravid at the moment. Hafeez isnt half bad either. Nor is Kamal if they actually pick him.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
hafeez makes the funnist face while batting he keeps twitching it like some fly is bothering him

its jokes

imran farhat needs a new stance, his is too gay hit butt sticks out too much u cant even afford to watch the guy bat woahhaah

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
tooextracool said:
umm Inzamam and Younis Khan beats everyone in the Indian batting lineup bar Dravid at the moment. Hafeez isnt half bad either. Nor is Kamal if they actually pick him.
Inzamam !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO (Note IMO) (Note, also, that we are talking about Tests)

Dravid > Mohd. Yousuf
Tendulkar = Inzi
Sehwag > Any opener in the Pak team
Laxman = Younis Khan
Yuvraj > Razzaq
Dhoni < Akmal

So, in other words, Indian line-up, though out of form and currently not playing in the subcontinent (unlike Pakistan), are far better.

Last edited:

shortpitched713

International Captain
Turbinator said:

Dravid > Younis Khan
Tendulkar = Inzi
Laxman = Younis Khan
Yuvraj > Razzaq
Dhoni < Akmal

So, in other words, Indian line-up, though out of form and currently not playing in the subcontinent (unlike Pakistan), are far better.
Nice to see you get rid of our best batsman. :blink:

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Turbinator said:

Dravid > Younis Khan
Tendulkar = Inzi
Laxman = Younis Khan
Yuvraj > Razzaq
Dhoni < Akmal

WOAHAHAHAHAHAH did u FORGET SOMEONE BAHAHAHAAHHAHHAHAAHAH

also theres a case for younis > laxman in test level

tooextracool

International Coach
Turbinator said:

Dravid > Mohd. Yousuf
Tendulkar = Inzi
Laxman = Younis Khan
Yuvraj > Razzaq
Dhoni < Akmal

There isnt really a comparison between inzamam and tendulkar. One is batting better than at any other point of is career, while the other is batting considerably worse than at any other point in his career. Inzy>>>>> Tendulkar
Laxman isnt even a certainty in the Indian side most of the time, and his record is considerably inferior than Younis Khan's.
Sehwag similarly has been quite poor bar the occasional test for a while now. For mine Younis, Yousuf and Inzy are all considerably better players than any of the Indian batsmen bar Dravid and i cant see anything other than an utter thrashing for the Indian side without Dravid in SA.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
adharcric said:
Seriously. This lineup will have a good performance and you'll make a thread saying "Best batting lineup, India or Australia ??". They are struggling, out of form and depleted by the loss of the best batsman (Yuvraj). Chill out.
exactly when has our lineup(with one or two honorable exceptions) fared well on pitches with some life on it? they might be hyped the best but unless they can adjust to bouncy pitches in conditions that offer lateral movement against good pace attacks, can they really be called that? these are not unplayable conditions, you see other lineups adjusting much better, even flourishing in such situations...

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Anil said:
exactly when has our lineup(with one or two honorable exceptions) fared well on pitches with some life on it? they might be hyped the best but unless they can adjust to bouncy pitches in conditions that offer lateral movement against good pace attacks, can they really be called that? these are not unplayable conditions, you see other lineups adjusting much better, even flourishing in such situations...
You'll get your answer after this Test series! :laugh: