• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst batting lineup, India or Pakistan ??

R_D

International Debutant
shortpitched713 said:
Out of Dravid, Yousef, and Inzi which one would you take right now?

Personally, I'm torn. But if I only had one of them for the tour of South Africa I'd take Yousef.
I think I'd take Dravid quite easily really... you expect the pitches to be bouncy and bowler friendly and Dravid is the kind of guy who would put in a effort to stay their and battle it out.
Not sure if Yousuf would do the same.... he's in great form but can't see him being any good on seamer friendly wickets really.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
R_D said:
I think I'd take Dravid quite easily really... you expect the pitches to be bouncy and bowler friendly and Dravid is the kind of guy who would put in a effort to stay their and battle it out.
Not sure if Yousuf would do the same.... he's in great form but can't see him being any good on seamer friendly wickets really.

I agree, yousuf did play in england but they arent as bouncy as the s.african wickets, dravid is easily the best bet because yousuf likes to play his strokes and especially through the line, which is really dangerous on bouncy tracks

mohammad16

U19 Captain
IndianByHeart said:
I will be glad if i'm proven wrong and to see the likes of Tend,Dravid, Sehwag and Ganguly pile up the runs.

If Ganguly returns in great style then i will be the happiest man on earth.Hope Dada proves everyone wrong, even though he tends to be immature at times, but he's still a fighter.
i hope nitini bounces him first over and pollock knocks off his off stump

the guys acted above others over the yaers, used to think hes in some other leauge, hes way too ****y for my liking, and for his peers aswell

Dravid

International Captain
On form, Dravid has been good, but Yousuf as been better. All time, Dravid owns Yousuf.

adharcric

International Coach
Right now, I would take Yousuf over Dravid anywhere except Australia or South Africa.
No matter how good his current form may be, I trust Dravid's technique more against quality attacks on livelier pitches.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
adharcric said:
That's the thing. These pitches have not been especially bowler-friendly and our batting lineup has still struggled. This indicates a lack of quality and form in the lineup - Raina, Kaif, Mongia, Tendulkar and Sehwag have all fit into that description this series. This is not a case of our batsmen typically getting owned on greentops. If you think that having Dravid and Yuvraj wouldn't have made a difference, you're simply wrong. To suggest that it would be 2-2, however, is quite unrealistic as well.
doesn't matter if they were greentops or not, our batsmen are not used to those kind of wickets and those kind of attacks and it showed...the fact that they were coming off a dismal champions trophy added to the overall effect of a total lack of form...actually only dravid is really not all that much in form(and he can bat himself into form any time he wants), tendulkar is struggling because he has been on the decline(even so, he is still better than most of the upcoming "superstars", speaks volumes for the "new talent")....as far as the others go, it's more a lack of quality than a lack of form(except maybe dhoni)....now it remains to be seen how many of them have it in them to go back to the drawing board, work out their kinks and come back better players....as far as yuvraj making a difference, he is a reasonably good player of pace so he might have brought down a 100 run margin of defeat to 75 or even 60 maybe...? i don't think he alone could have been the difference between such abject defeat and victory....

shortpitched713

International Captain
adharcric said:
Right now, I would take Yousuf over Dravid anywhere except Australia or South Africa.
Nowadays I'd take Yousef in Australia too, considering the roads they're preparing there.

Beleg

International Regular
Inzamam > Yousuf
Dravid > Inzamam
Dravid >> Yousuf
Inzamam = Sachin
Sachin > Yousuf

R_D

International Debutant
Beleg said:
Inzamam > Yousuf
Dravid > Inzamam
Dravid >> Yousuf
Inzamam = Sachin
Sachin > Yousuf
Right now on form.. I'd Say Inzi and Yousuf >>> Sachin.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Inzi has had a bad couple of matches. But before the Champs Trophy he was in the form of his life. His recent 50 seems to show hes knocked off some of the rust.

adharcric

International Coach
What's with this 5-comparisons trend?

On form ... Yousuf > Dravid > Inzamam > Tendulkar

Overall ... Tendulkar > Dravid > Inzamam > Yousuf

Beleg

International Regular
Performances be damned then, eh?
How about form is temporary and class is permanent?

How many of Yousuf's recent hundreds were scored in low scoring affairs? How many of them came on pitches that offered real assistance to bowlers? on the top of my head, I can count two, maybe three...

The difference between Inzy and Yousuf is that the former is an excellent player under pressure while the later's ability under pressure, is, at best, questionable. Inzamam also tends to downplay his own contribution - he is probably the most self-less player in the Pakistani team at the moment.