• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst batting lineup, India or Pakistan ??

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Turbinator said:
Expected statement from you SS... :p
Well he is. Just look at their records in recent times. Its obviously true. I mean its one thing to be optimistic but you can't let you bias blind you from obvious truths.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
silentstriker said:
Well he is. Just look at their records in recent times. Its obviously true. I mean its one thing to be optimistic but you can't let you bias blind you from obvious truths.
No, you guys always say I am very biased but honestly you cannot put behind Tendulkar's overall achievements. And what has Inzi done that has been so great, in the WI series. He failed on all occasions except one, that too on his own pitches.

EDIT: Okay but whatever, we'll talk about this after the Test series. The way Tendulkar has been batting recently, he looks very geared up for the Tests... But like I said whatever I don't want to say much or you'll accuse me of blind optimism and bias... If Tendulkar fails overall in the Test series, I will be more than glad to recognize my mistake and comment on this statement. For right now, let's just end this here...

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Turbinator said:
No, you guys always say I am very biased but honestly you cannot put behind Tendulkar's overall achievements. And what has Inzi done that has been so great, in the WI series. He failed on all occasions except one, that too on his own pitches.

EDIT: Okay but whatever, we'll talk about this after the Test series. The way Tendulkar has been batting recently, he looks very geared up for the Tests... But like I said whatever I don't want to say much or you'll accuse me of blind optimism and bias... If Tendulkar fails overall in the Test series, I will be more than glad to recognize my mistake and comment on this statement. For right now, let's just end this here...
No one said anything about Inzy > Tendy all time. I said, right now, Inzy > Tendy. Big difference.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Neil Pickup said:
Silly thread, but an interesting point - most keepers to play in the same ODI side?

If we class a wicketkeeper as someone who's started an ODI as a named gloveman, I can find an England side with three - here - playing Prior, Jones and Trescothick.

Can anyone find a four?

Lou Vincent and Mathew Sinclair have both been known to take the gloves. But I don't think at international level.

Otherwise there might've been an occasion where Sinclair, Vincent, McCullum and Hart have played?

adharcric

International Coach
Anil said:
exactly when has our lineup(with one or two honorable exceptions) fared well on pitches with some life on it? they might be hyped the best but unless they can adjust to bouncy pitches in conditions that offer lateral movement against good pace attacks, can they really be called that? these are not unplayable conditions, you see other lineups adjusting much better, even flourishing in such situations...
That's the thing. These pitches have not been especially bowler-friendly and our batting lineup has still struggled. This indicates a lack of quality and form in the lineup - Raina, Kaif, Mongia, Tendulkar and Sehwag have all fit into that description this series. This is not a case of our batsmen typically getting owned on greentops. If you think that having Dravid and Yuvraj wouldn't have made a difference, you're simply wrong. To suggest that it would be 2-2, however, is quite unrealistic as well.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Out of Dravid, Yousef, and Inzi which one would you take right now?

Personally, I'm torn. But if I only had one of them for the tour of South Africa I'd take Yousef.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If you are referring to current form then I would say that Pakistan would clinch it, however if you were referring to all of the players at their peak then it would be India.

Dravid

International Captain
Anil said:
exactly when has our lineup(with one or two honorable exceptions) fared well on pitches with some life on it? they might be hyped the best but unless they can adjust to bouncy pitches in conditions that offer lateral movement against good pace attacks, can they really be called that? these are not unplayable conditions, you see other lineups adjusting much better, even flourishing in such situations...
World Cup 2003? That's the most recent that comes to mind.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
adharcric said:
He's referring to Dravid, Yuvraj and Munaf.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure at least 2 of those were playing for at least some of the series...

haroon510

International 12th Man
Turbinator said:
Inzamam !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO (Note IMO) (Note, also, that we are talking about Tests)

Dravid > Mohd. Yousuf
Tendulkar = Inzi
Sehwag > Any opener in the Pak team
Laxman = Younis Khan
Yuvraj > Razzaq
Dhoni < Akmal

So, in other words, Indian line-up, though out of form and currently not playing in the subcontinent (unlike Pakistan), are far better.

Dude i don't agree with u in ur compersian of younis and Laxman. At least younis's place is permenant in the team. he is the vice captain. Laxman is in the team only for South Africa tour. if he hasn't perform well he is out of the team.
i think pakistan batting line is stronger for many reason. first Pakistan at least are able to score over 200 in bouncy pitches. look at indian team in South Africa they can't even play 50 overs there. second u havn't even put Shoaib malik in ur list. he is a consitant player who scores in every tournment. Pakistan have Razzaq and Malik who are the players that both with bat and ball can change the match's result. india doesn't have any alrounder like these two guys. Razzaq and Malik's batting is much better than shewag and kaif.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NZTailender said:
Otherwise there might've been an occasion where Sinclair, Vincent, McCullum and Hart have played?
No, McCullum's debut saw the end of Hart's international career. Definitely remember a match with Parore, Sinclair and Chris Nevin though, and possibly Vincent too.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
adharcric said:
Seriously. This lineup will have a good performance and you'll make a thread saying "Best batting lineup, India or Australia ??". They are struggling, out of form and depleted by the loss of the best batsman (Yuvraj). Chill out.
So where are the so called good performers?? A team doesn't struggle if one of its main batsman is injured out, otherwise England's current Ashes performance can be attributed to the bsence of its senior batsman.Indian batting has been struggling since a long time.Lets face it, the seniors in Tend,Gang and Lax aren't what the used to be (though Tend still in a valuable batsman) the young lads have proved to be a major dissapointment, and when a wicketkeeper is chosen ahead of three batsman in the team then it conveys a message to the message to the batsmen that the team has no confidence in them.

I expect further disaster in the comming series.

adharcric

International Coach
We shall see. No point wasting my energy ranting on about the Indian batsmen. I'll let their bats do the talking.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
I will be glad if i'm proven wrong and to see the likes of Tend,Dravid, Sehwag and Ganguly pile up the runs.

If Ganguly returns in great style then i will be the happiest man on earth.Hope Dada proves everyone wrong, even though he tends to be immature at times, but he's still a fighter.

Matt79

Global Moderator
shortpitched713 said:
Out of Dravid, Yousef, and Inzi which one would you take right now?

Personally, I'm torn. But if I only had one of them for the tour of South Africa I'd take Yousef.
Right now? You'd have to be deficient in the head to take anyone other than Ponting in favour of Yousuf at the moment, and Ponting would be a line-ball call.