• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for the first week of Dec

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:

aussie - 9000
Slow Love? - 5000
Silentstriker - 5000
cameeel - 4000
open365 - 2000
oz_fan - 2000
grecian - 1000

Thanks to Pasag who is filling in for Alternative. A great week of posting, the boards are really rocking, makes our job easy.

The CW Awards Team

Alternative (milestones)
Marc (awards judge)
Dravid (Agarkar, Sir Geoffrey, Sobers and Gatting/Rana awards judge)
Adharcric (Afridi and Hussey)
Archie (whatever else is left over)

If you are celebrating a “Posts” milestone this week, please let Manju (Alternative) know, you can contact him at hunterbhai at hotmail dot com

If you would like to discuss anything to do with the awards, please let me know, you can contact me on kehlers at iprimus dot com dot au

If you notice a post or thread that you think is worthy of an award please contact Marc at marc at robbins46 dot freeserve dot co dot uk

If you notice any worthy nominees for the Sir Geoffrey or AA awards this week, please let Dravid know, you can contact him at nnindia at hotmail dot com

If you notice any worthy nominees for the Afridi or Hussey awards this week, please let adharcric know, you can contact him at adhar at berkeley dot edu

Best of The Best

Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: a massive zebra for this click here déjà vu? A lot of work, and hard to argue about the quality

Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is Burgey for this click here , Lawson and Co may have the knives out again after the 2nd Test? :unsure:

The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: silentstriker for this click here not far off the truth, does anyone have his address? :laugh:

The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: silentstriker , missed a visit to the trivia thread, but that is about the only one he did miss :wacko:

Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: Turbinator click here Old Trafford 1956 Aussie captain Ian Johnson walks into the dressing room, “come on boys we can still win this”. Keith Miller looks over the top of his form guide, “I’ll give you 6 to 4 that we don’t”

Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he is talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: SA click here this will be news to ‘Chuck’ after his 1-298 in 1938 :-O

The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: FaaipDeOiad , In charge of the Ashes forum, and seems to know everything about every current FC player in Aust. Top stuff.

The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: silentstriker a 1000 posts, most of them quality, and a few funny, simply a great week from SS. :cool:

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: mohammad16, two weeks in a row, a record, but don’t worry not allowed to win this award three weeks iar

The Mike Hussey award for best newcomer (less then 500 posts), not too many have had a great debut and continued success like “Mr Cricket” And the Winner is: Nishant quality stuff this week, but we would prefer he posted a bit more often

The Gatting V Rana award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: no award this week

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management :)

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Holy crap! Bradman, Sobers, and the Skull.

OWN3D! Congrats to the other winners, almost as deserving as me.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Thanks guys :) Glad to know. I've tried to improve my quality of posts since I started. Now I only whine selectively.

Last edited:

archie mac

International Coach
silentstriker said:
Holy crap! Bradman, Sobers, and the Skull.

OWN3D! Congrats to the other winners, almost as deserving as me.

Just too good this week mate, but hard to live up too :-O

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
archie mac said:
Just too good this week mate, but hard to live up too :-O
Yea, had an unusual amount of free time this week. I think I did hit 1000 posts for the week. That's got to be a record. :unsure:

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Can't believe I didn't get the Greigy for this one:

Me said:
What the hell is going on in the ND-CD match? Can't follow Vettori's line of thinking at all - there's trying to coax a result out of the game, and then there's just stupidity, and this falls clearly in the latter category. There's no way ND are going to get an outright from this position, they would have been far better off going for first innings points.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I agree, shocked you didn't to be honest. Best Greigy candidate I've seen since Andy's call in the Aus-SA game.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh: Hey I had pretty good prediction too archie when I said India will win the Pro20, while everyone else was writing them off, anyways I got the award for that too in a way... isn't that right SS? :happy:

archie mac

International Coach
Sir Redman said:
Can't believe I didn't get the Greigy for this one:

Sorry mate, I missed that one, (don't forget people can email me) will award it next week, if nothing else matches it :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Turbinator said:
:laugh: Hey I had pretty good prediction too archie when I said India will win the Pro20, while everyone else was writing them off, anyways I got the award for that too in a way... isn't that right SS? :happy:
Erm, you what?

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Nice work all - particularly SS, quite a trifecta there.

Anyone would think you've got too much time on your hands... ;)

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
silentstriker said:
Anyone would be right. :ph34r:
I'd ridicule you for it. But I'm too overcome by jealousy.

The travesty is, if I were to walk into my boss' office and tell him that I won't be producing any more work today because I'm going to talk cricket on the internet with guys I've never met from all over the world - *I* would be the one in the wrong. What has society come to?

Stupid society.

archie mac

International Coach
The Sean said:
I'd ridicule you for it. But I'm too overcome by jealousy.

The travesty is, if I were to walk into my boss' office and tell him that I won't be producing any more work today because I'm going to talk cricket on the internet with guys I've never met from all over the world - *I* would be the one in the wrong. What has society come to?

Stupid society.
Yes, Ashes Test should be public holidays for all Aussies and Brits :cool:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Well there was talk after The Don's asencion to his rightful place as God that 27 August would become a public holiday in Australia. Nothing more has come of it, but it would be a good start...

Matt79

Global Moderator
Anyone going to comment on how SS's apotheosis of glory coincided with him adopting a picture of the great man as his avatar? Or founding his own church? Rumours are he sacrificed the GM-OLAS equivalent of a sacrificial lamb (Michael Atherton) to dark powers in order to achieve such a result! :)