• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for the first week of Dec

adharcric

International Coach
Matt79 said:
Anyone going to comment on how SS's apotheosis of glory coincided with him adopting a picture of the great man as his avatar? Or founding his own church? Rumours are he sacrificed the GM-OLAS equivalent of a sacrificial lamb (Michael Atherton) to dark powers in order to achieve such a result! :)
Apparently SS achieved eternal salvation after making that sacrifice. He's also vowed to make such a sacrifice a weekly routine.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Matt79 said:
Anyone going to comment on how SS's apotheosis of glory coincided with him adopting a picture of the great man as his avatar? Or founding his own church? Rumours are he sacrificed the GM-OLAS equivalent of a sacrificial lamb (Michael Atherton) to dark powers in order to achieve such a result! :)
Thats just a dirty rumor, mate. :ph34r:

Dravid

International Captain
PhoenixFire said:
English English is the right way of speaking it. Fact.
It's an opinion, not a fact. Otherwise America would have stuck to English, instead of developing their own version of it. When I talk in person I use slang, and street talk anyway so it doesn't matter to me.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Dravid said:
It's an opinion, not a fact. Otherwise America would have stuck to English, instead of developing their own version of it. When I talk in person I use slang, and street talk anyway so it doesn't matter to me.
Technically the correct and proper way of speaking English is the way that it is spoken in England. That is fact, not opinion.

Dravid

International Captain
Okay then America's official language isn't English. It's American English. If they have their own language, then that doesn't mean some other language is the right way to go.

Dravid

International Captain
Btw while we are on this topic I might as well mention I hate the English accent. No offence to anyone here, but I hate how the word can't is said. It's the most annoying thing ever.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I'm not sure whether everyone says this, but I don't actually think that English people have an accent at all. Most people pronounce things like it says in the Oxford dictionary (which is the offically correct way of saying it), and doesn't have an accent at all. Except maybe if you have a specific regional accent, then it sounds fairly flat and normal, and correct to the dictionary.

Dravid

International Captain
PhoenixFire said:
I'm not sure whether everyone says this, but I don't actually think that English people have an accent at all. Most people pronounce things like it says in the Oxford dictionary (which is the offically correct way of saying it), and doesn't have an accent at all. Except maybe if you have a specific regional accent, then it sounds fairly flat and normal, and correct to the dictionary.
The oxford dictionary has some annoying ways to say words then. Seriously I feeling like ripping my brain out of my head when I hear the word Can't "the way it's supposed to be said". I can't explain in words what goes on in my head when I hear it.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Is this in a particular regional accent, of just the flat english way of saying it, because when you say it normaly, it doesn't sound remarkable.