• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Glenn McGrath-Our Lord and Saviour V Glenn McGrath-The Fifth Best Australian Bowler

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Too many threads about this already.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.

adharcric

International Coach
It's about time. No contest really. Glenn McGrath-Our Lord and Savior IMO. That's 3-1 and GM-OLAS clinches it. Let's never talk about this again, yeah?

aussie tragic

International Captain
adharcric said:
It's about time. No contest really. Glenn McGrath-Our Lord and Savior IMO. That's 3-1 and GM-OLAS clinches it.
That's 2-2 IMO as you're not a full convert to "McGrath is all-time # 1" like SS & Dravid.

btw, here's my top 5 Aussie Bowlers ever:

1) Shane Warne
2) Dennis Lillee*
3) Ray Lindwall*
4) Alan Davidson*
5) Glenn McGrath

* Replace any with Keith Miller if you like

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
PhoenixFire said:
adharcric, you specificly said that Malcolm Marshall was the best bowler ever not McGrath, liar :ph34r:
He just hates you and your society. Which by the way, is completely rubbish.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Especially the lunacy of having Denniss Lillee ahead of him, despite:

• Worse average
  • Worse strike rate
  • Worse economy rate
  • Playing for 50 less matches
  • Playing in an era that helped bowlers a lot more
  • Getting owned in the subcontinent

Last edited:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
silentstriker said:
He just hates you and your society. Which by the way, is completely rubbish.
At least my life isn't dominated by an ageing medium pace trundler...... that has just been served by KP.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
PhoenixFire said:
At least my life isn't dominated by an ageing medium pace trundler...... that has just been served by KP.

Well CPS Chauhan averaged 91 against Lillee. That just makes me LOL.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
silentstriker said:

• Worse average
  • Worse strike rate
  • Worse economy rate

Actually I don't really rate Lillee at all, Matthew Hayden is far more effective.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
silentstriker said:

• Worse average
  • Worse strike rate
  • Worse economy rate
  • Getting owned in the subcontinent
And the thing is Lillee was a great player too, and yet McGrath dominates even him.

adharcric

International Coach
aussie tragic said:
Is this the sort of unloyal heathen you let into your club SS :)
Mind you, I'm not a part of the club. I'm only compelled to defend it because it's far less of a joke than the rival club is. ;)

PhoenixFire

International Coach
adharcric said:
Mind you, I'm not a part of the club. I'm only compelled to defend it because it's far less of a joke than the rival club is. ;)
If SS hadn't created the joke that is the GM-OLAS, then we wouldn't have had to make this 'Joke' in the first place. Blame SS.

adharcric

International Coach
PhoenixFire said:
If SS hadn't created the joke that is the GM-OLAS, then we wouldn't have had to make this 'Joke' in the first place. Blame SS.
Good point. I'll ponder that one while I'm away from CW for the next several hours.

Dravid

International Captain
PhoenixFire said:
Mind you, GM-OLAS is not a joke. The only joke club on CW is AAAS.