• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Glenn McGrath-Our Lord and Saviour V Glenn McGrath-The Fifth Best Australian Bowler

aussie tragic

International Captain
silentstriker said:
Point taken, and he might have been higher than 884. For right now, I'll use 884, but I'll put a hypothetical rating of 910 to see how he would have ranked instead. 910 is extremely hard to achieve, and I think thats fair?
Dennis Lille was definitley impacted by his ICC rating dropping during WSC, however he would need a 930 before he jumps above Imran (and he couldn't jump above Younis).

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
aussie tragic said:
Dennis Lille was definitley impacted by his ICC rating dropping during WSC, however he would need a 930 before he jumps above Imran (and he couldn't jump above Younis).
Yup, same result I get.

aussie tragic

International Captain
silentstriker said:
Already started another thread mate. Since this includes other bowlers, lets move it there.
Why'd you start another thread. The whole point of these calculations was to determine which society was blowing the most wind...... turns out we both were as McGrath is definitely not # 1, while he is the 2nd Best Aussie Bowler Ever, not fifith as previously thought :)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
aussie tragic said:
Why'd you start another thread. The whole point of these calculations was to determine which society was blowing the most wind...... turns out we both were as McGrath is definitely not # 1, while he is the 2nd Best Aussie Bowler Ever, not fifith as previously thought :)
Marshall is Australian? Also since this rates lots of other bowlers too, post your stuff on there.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
aussie tragic said:

I think the new thread is a good idea. Most of this thread is a bit of tongue in cheek McGrath bating, but as with any joke it starts to wear a bit thin if perpetuated for too long.

aussie tragic

International Captain
silentstriker said:
Also since this rates lots of other bowlers too, post your stuff on there.
I'll post it if you change the title from SS/AS to SS/AT :ph34r:

Only kidding, posting away.......