• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Spinner ever

Who is the best Spinner ever?

• Shane Warne

Votes: 27 43.5%
  • Muttiah Muralitharan

Votes: 25 40.3%
  • Other (are you crazy, better than these 2?)

Votes: 10 16.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yea, there is not any new ground here. You either think he's a chucker (which has some merit) or you think he isn't (which also has some merit). So its bit of an impasse really.

Although, and not pointing at anyone in particular, a lot of Murali hate from Aussies have come due to jealousy, which doesn't sit right with me. Because it puts the non aussies who also favor Warne over Murali in the same boat.

bagapath

International Captain
a massive zebra!

well written. agree with pretty much all of it. always belived murali's record is far superior to warne's in every respect. this chucking issue is the only black mark in his record...

i go for murali with a lot of hesitation...

shortpitched713

International Captain
a massive zebra said:
When Wisden ... few years ago.
Top post! Seriously class. Should give folks reason to doubt their irrational worship of Warne.

On a side-note, I wonder how many people on this board both think that Murali does not chuck and that he is a worse bowler than Warne.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have doubts about his arm but under the laws at the present point in time he does not chuck and I still rate him below Warne. Personal preference again.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, as soon as I saw this thread I knew AMZ would have posted his little saved article in here. Classic.

Anyway, this has been done to death obviously. My vote goes to Warne by a fairly narrow margin, regardless of Murali's action. I don't think much of the new throwing laws, nor about the fact that they have been changed because of Murali, but that's obviously not his fault and he is a very a fine bowler regardless of the fact that he probably wouldn't have bowled much in another era.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
shortpitched713 said:
Top post! Seriously class. Should give folks reason to doubt their irrational worship of Warne.

On a side-note, I wonder how many people on this board both think that Murali does not chuck and that he is a worse bowler than Warne.
Or it might be if we hadn't seen it approximately 37 times before.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If you don't think he chucks, I don't know how you can rate Warne over Murali. I mean I don't think it would be all that close TBH.

adharcric

International Coach
silentstriker said:
If you don't think he chucks, I don't know how you can rate Warne over Murali. I mean I don't think it would be all that close TBH.
That's a stretch. It wouldn't be close at all.

adharcric

International Coach
silentstriker said:
Um, isn't that what I just said? :huh:
It's 6 am. India got raped. I really didn't care. I'm trying to webcast a lecture. I'm wondering if I should stay up to watch the football games in a few hours. I'm tired. Murali > Warne. Cut me some slack. :unsure:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
adharcric said:
It's 6 am. India got raped. I really didn't care. I'm trying to webcast a lecture. I'm wondering if I should stay up to watch the football games in a few hours. I'm tired. Murali > Warne. Cut me some slack. :unsure:
How can you be tired after this awe-inspiring perfomance?

adharcric

International Coach
silentstriker said:
How can you be tired after this awe-inspiring perfomance?
I haven't been watching it. Mind you, it's playing on my computer but I minimized and muted it. My bad. :ph34r:

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
PhoenixFire said:
Are you perhaps laughing at the legend that is Jim Laker.
Nope, Im laughing because no-one else has mentioned him.

Ha.

When was the last time Warney or Muttiah took 19 in a game?