• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Neil Pickup's cousin/brother/other relo playing in the Blind World Cup ?

PY

International Coach
Underarm and got to bounce twice before getting to the batsmen, I'd hope not many. :p

I hear Trev was on the verge of the England side at some stage (even though he's Welsh ;)) though can't remember why he isn't anymore.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
silentstriker said:
I wonder how many beamers happens in those games?
not many if any. More likely to be multiple bounces.

The MCC Laws of Cricket have also been adapted in other ways in an attempt to allow blind and partially sighted people to compete on equal terms. The major variations are as follows:

The wicket is larger, making it easier for the partially sighted players to see and easier for a Batsman or Bowler to touch for the purpose of orientatation.
The ball must pitch at least twice before the crease of a totally blind Batsman but must not be rolling.
The ball must pitch at least once before the crease of a partially sighted Batsman.
A totally blind Batsman is given one chance before being given out LBW and cannot be stumped.
The Bowler must ask the Batsman if he is ready before beginning his run up and shout "play" as he releases the ball.
A totally blind Fielder can make a catch after the ball has bounced once.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
"A totally blind Fielder can make a catch after the ball has bounced once."

How does he know if the ball has bounced once or not?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
TT Boy said:
"A totally blind Fielder can make a catch after the ball has bounced once."

How does he know if the ball has bounced once or not?
The ball has ball bearings in so i assume they can tell when it bounces from the sound

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
The ball has ball bearings in so i assume they can tell when it bounces from the sound
If in doubt they could always ask the batsman...

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Salamuddin said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_sports/disability_sport/6170832.stm

The bloke called Mark Pickup - he related to you neil ?

Should be a good tournament - the blind cricket world cup. For anyone who hasn't seen it, gthe matches are high scoring and quite entertaining.

Pakistan are defending champions and Inshallah will win the tournament again beating either South Africa or India in the final.
It is Neil...