• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The not allowed to mention Glenn McGrath thread

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
As every other thread is being hi-jacked and turned into a hero worshipping and slagging off fest of the slightly above average fast-medium trundler, we need a thread that doesn't mention Glenn McGrath at all.
Simple rules, you must not mention Glenn McGrath in this thread.

Hang on a minute, I've mentioned him twice already...............and in the title.
Oh well, back to the drawing board.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Some questions I'm struggling with: :ph34r:

(1) Who is the most overated medium pacer ever?

(2) What bowler should you criticise to wind up SS?

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
(1) Not sure who you're talking about there.
(2) Glenn McGrath I beleive.

adharcric

International Coach
Glenn McGrath doesn't compare to other all-time greats. He seriously lacks pace.
He just gets lucky wickets by putting the ball in the corridor. Hell, even Munaf Patel can reach McGrath standards in a year or two.

Come and get me, SS. :ph34r:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
_Ed_ said:
:-O
Scathing.
I don't actually think Hadlee is overrated, but he wasn't really significantly quicker than McGrath. In the fast bowling competition he was clocked in the low 120s averaged over the 22 yards, so you'd think 130-135 out of the hand.

People don't remember his lack of pace in the face of his amazing wicket taking ability though.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, love the Marshall one. I hate his action too actually, it's one of the major reasons I simply can't rate him as the best Windies quick. It's so harsh on the eyes.

Fusion

Global Moderator
silentstriker said:
I just want to use my 5000th post to reiterate my love and admiration for Glenn McGrath. :wub:
Congrats on the 5000th post! You've mostly made good posts...except when spouting neo-conservative views in OT or going overboard about McGrath in CC. Other than that, you've been gold. :)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Fusion said:
Congrats on the 5000th post! You've mostly made good posts...except when spouting neo-conservative views in OT or going overboard about McGrath in CC. Other than that, you've been gold. :)
Thanks. Correction: Conservative posts. I am not, nor have I ever been, a neo-conservative. And also, I rarely mention McGrath, I only get involved when people trash him or start starting threads like these. In this case, punishment must be delivered in the form of my eloquent rebuttals.

Dravid

International Captain
silentstriker said:
Thanks. Correction: Conservative posts. I am not, nor have I ever been, a neo-conservative. And also, I rarely mention McGrath, I only get involved when people trash him or start starting threads like these. In this case, punishment must be delivered in the form of my eloquent rebuttals.
. Search: Key Word(s): McGrath ; Posts Made By: silentstriker

Showing results 1 to 25 of 221
Search took 1.87 seconds

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion said:
Agreed. When he's not being a scary gun nut or reminding me of Pinochet, he's a good poster.