• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

When Someone Gets Out

Lach

School Boy/Girl Captain
When someone gets out, what happens? How do you work out who bats next? Do you have heated arguments or is it slightly more peaceful? Post here your procedures.

Yours in cricket

Lach.

§hortŸ

Cricket Spectator
If u can get me out u deserve to bat. :) If someone retires, u get the bat first and keep the bat. basically u get em out u bat, but no more than twice b4 everyone else has a go.

kezzalee

Cricket Spectator
whoeva gets the batter out is in next, unless they have already batted then they choose the next batter. once everyone has batted u usually go back to the original order.

sp_blocka

Cricket Spectator
In our matches, we only have 1 on 1. So i guess it bat then bowl etc.
1 time i had to bowl for around 30 mins straight and got hit for 172 in 1 innings in a 10 innings match. U can imagine how i felt! :O

Odie

Cricket Spectator
Because there are never enough people playing to make up two teams, the oldest bats first, and while he's batting, its up to whoever wants to bat after him to call "i'm batting!". It carries on in this fashion until everyone has had a bat, thereby establishing a batting order. There's no real bowling order though. That just forms itself around the batting order.

inc_haydn

Cricket Spectator
sean said:
ALL IN BRAWL!!!!!

FIGHT!!!!FIGHT!!!!!!!FIGHT!!!!!!!!!
yea we r slightly more 'formal' than that........ its whoever takes the catch, gets the run out, bowls them out etc. otherwise every1 thinks it is there turn 2 bat.... our rule for bowling is simple, you cant bowl within 6 balls of getting out(obviously excluding when there r 2 players)

Link

State Vice-Captain
there is a set order, but usually the first one to the bat and if that person can withstand the force of the incoming crowd, then yes they can go.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
The bowling is rotated, but the wicket taking bowler gets the next bat. As a punishment, getting a 6 hit off your over means you miss your next over.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
whoever takes the wicket goes into bat next, until everyone has had a bat. then you have you're batting order.