• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket vs Baseball

Will baseball be a threat to cricket at the international level?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • No!

Votes: 41 95.3%
  • May be...

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

Dravid

International Captain
I seriously hate the fact in baseball that you can pitch for as long as you want. That's stupid. Overs>Pitch for as long as you want, unless the coach takes you out.

Baseball has more things I hate than like.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Dravid said:
I seriously hate the fact in baseball that you can pitch for as long as you want. That's stupid.
Pitching in the majors is no joke. One can argue that a pitcher's job is much harder than a bowler's, since a pitcher has to be very accurate for a very long time. Bowlers can afford to make mistakes, and their one mistake very rarely costs games. And the longer you are able to pitch economically, the better for the team.

BTW, once you're taken off, you can't come back in baseball. So its not as if pitchers can take a breather whenever they want.

Baseball is my third favorite sport to watch after Cricket and Basketball, so I'll always defend cricket over this sport, but I feel that the people bashing baseball on this thread have little to no knowledge of the game.

Josh

International Regular
I feel the same way. Same thing with cricket, though. I know I can get a lot of people (females in particular) my age saying how boring and crap cricket is without having any sort of knowledge or regard for the history of the sport. Really bugs me.

Dravid

International Captain
I know how to play the game an all and know the rules so I know enough to say something bad about the sport. It would be different if I didn't know how to play it and I said crap about it, which is what a lot of Americans do to Cricket.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Dravid said:
I know how to play the game an all and know the rules so I know enough to say something bad about the sport. It would be different if I didn't know how to play it and I said crap about it, which is what a lot of Americans do to Cricket.
Well if you know the game then, really, you should know what an forgiving job the starting pitcher has.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
One bad ball never costs a bowler more than an extra delivery and six or seven runs. A bad ball in baseball will lose you the game.

EDIT: What nightprowler said.

Dravid

International Captain
nightprowler10 said:
Well if you know the game then, really, you should know what an forgiving job the starting pitcher has.
Okay forget it. I take what I said back. I just know the basic rules then. I still hate the gmae.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Josh said:
I feel the same way. Same thing with cricket, though. I know I can get a lot of people (females in particular) my age saying how boring and crap cricket is without having any sort of knowledge or regard for the history of the sport. Really bugs me.
Pretty much the same way cricket fans treat baseball.. Or anyone who criticises any sport (except Rugby League which is truly awful) goes about formulating their argument..

jack_sparrow

U19 Debutant
One thing that I love about baseball. Well two things.

I love their fielding. It is perfect, and accurate. With incredible discipline everytime almost...which brings me to my second favorite thing:

I love the fact if you make a mistake you get deducted for it in dollars! Thats unheard of, but an effective deterrent to complacency.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
just as pitching is very important in baseball batting is very important in cricket....if you dont score runs you might have lost the game for you team...cricket in kind of balanced between bating and balling (except for 20/20) while baseball is more of based on pitching

Fusion

Global Moderator
nightprowler10 said:
Pitching in the majors is no joke. One can argue that a pitcher's job is much harder than a bowler's, since a pitcher has to be very accurate for a very long time. Bowlers can afford to make mistakes, and their one mistake very rarely costs games. And the longer you are able to pitch economically, the better for the team.

BTW, once you're taken off, you can't come back in baseball. So its not as if pitchers can take a breather whenever they want.

Baseball is my third favorite sport to watch after Cricket and Basketball, so I'll always defend cricket over this sport, but I feel that the people bashing baseball on this thread have little to no knowledge of the game.
Yeah, what he said.