• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket vs Baseball

Will baseball be a threat to cricket at the international level?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • No!

Votes: 41 95.3%
  • May be...

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
LA ICE-E said:
is that for the ashes you mean? thanks can you give me the source you know that info from?

again can someone find the actuall total attendance from the 2003 world cup....may be list of total attendance for all cricket world cups would be better.... i have been looking all over the place cant find it:'( would really appreciate it....
Yeah for the ashes. I heard it on the radio when a Cricket Australia representative was being interviewed.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
nightprowler10 said:
He'd always go for home runs and would either totally suck or totally rule. No in between.
most big hitters in mlb seem to 90% of the time just go for home runs and nothing else

Dravid

International Captain
nightprowler10 said:
He'd always go for home runs and would either totally suck or totally rule. No in between.
No doubt he would rule. He would be the next Ruth I believe.

Dravid

International Captain
Sorry but I know hardly any Baseball players and I hate baseball with passion and I have no idea who that is. Anyway since Afridi got kicked out of the Pakistani team, he should try out for the MLB

Dravid

International Captain
Speaking of Baseball. I went to a Mets game with my cousin once because his mom got free tickets, and it was the most boring 3 hours of my life. I didn't even know one player on either roster. IMO NBA>NFL>NHL>MLB.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jono said:
Far more thinking involved in baseball.
Rubbish, the field is nearly always the same in baseball, you'll see the field come in very occasionally. So it just revolves around hitting the ball or not hitting it - that's it. In cricket you might look for a certain shot, you can play according to field placings, you can try and rotate the strike, you can go after a certain bowler, there's so many other things that involve thought.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Scaly piscine said:
Rubbish, the field is nearly always the same in baseball, you'll see the field come in very occasionally. So it just revolves around hitting the ball or not hitting it - that's it. In cricket you might look for a certain shot, you can play according to field placings, you can try and rotate the strike, you can go after a certain bowler, there's so many other things that involve thought.
well said, 100% agreed... i think cricket has way more to think about..also conditions in cricket vary quite a lot

Dravid

International Captain
Scaly piscine said:
Also as a bowler, it's much more crucial to know the batsman weakness, where as in Baseball you have to bowl in an imaginary box, with a variety of different deliveries.

Also the pitch and conditions, which barely mean anything in baseball.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
But a fielding error is so much more costly in baseball. Generally speaking, fielding is far more superior in baseball. So are the overall levels of fitness.

I obviously love cricket much more, but lets not trash other sports. To say playing baseball doesn't involve thinking is pretty inane.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
8-) Baseball is a great game. You've just admitted you don't even follow baseball, so how about you stop trashing it.

My favorite sports:

1. NFL & Cricket
  2. NBA
  3. NHL
  4. College Football
  5. MLB
  6. College Basketball

Yea, I'm a sports nut. :laugh:

I probably goto 50-70 sporting events a year.

Dravid

International Captain
silentstriker said:
8-) Baseball is a great game. You've just admitted you don't even follow baseball, so how about you stop trashing it.

My favorite sports:

1. NFL & Cricket
  2. NBA
  3. NHL
  4. College Football
  5. MLB
  6. College Basketball

Yea, I'm a sports nut. :laugh:

I probably goto 50-70 sporting events a year.
You aren't the only sports nut. I enjoy NFL, NBA, Crcket, College Hoops and College Football. I went to a few Rutgers football games because my cousin is in Rutgers(NB Campus) but I have never been to a college basketball game. I've been to so many NBA games over the years. Usually end up going to 10-15 Knicks game, a few Nets game, and every now and then a Celtics or a Sixers game. Only been to two NFL games in my life, both were Jets v Falcons. And like I said before I went to a game where guys use gloves to catch the ball because they are afraid it will hurt them.