• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brett Lee Worried About Loosing His Place

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
This was shown on English Teletext on ITV on 3rd November

LEE WORRIED ABOUT LOSING TEST PLACE

Australian fast bowler Brett Lee admits he would be upset if he lost his place for the opening Ahses Test starting in Brisbane on November 8.

The 26-year-old could lose his place to Andrew Bichel after failing to get a wicket in his last Test appearance against Pakistan in Sharjah.

He said: "If I'm not picked I would be very disapointed because I've played 24 Tests and never been dropped."

Hmmmm sounds like the whole Mark Waugh saga starting up again...but this time with Brett Lee...lets see what happens, I mean you remember what happened to Waugh...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
its the toss of a coin as to wether brett lee or Australia's most caped 12th man will play in the match, i want to see lee play but bichel is a very good bowler too, wont affect the result too much though :)

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lee will play and he will go very well, he is a world class bowler who is going to take plenty of wickets this summer. The Australian conditions really suit him and he knows he needs some big performances.

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Lee should be dropped.

He has had a chance...

SORRY.

He has had 24 chances... and has not made a name for himself as a strike bowler. Bye bye

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
I think Brent Lee is an awesome bowler. He just is in a team of really good bowlers and this doesn't make him look so great. I think he will play especially since it is in Aus and the pitches will be fast.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
World Class? World Class Bowlers don't increase their career average by 10 runs in 2 years...for their bowling...:O

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
This is about the third thread with essentially the same topic brett lee....anyway, he's a good bowler and deserves his place at the moment just because there are no outstanding challengers.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah but this thread is about sommit I saw on TeleText and I wanted to see people's reaction...I think Bichel is a good enough challenger.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Lee should be worried, he is an average to below average performer in a team of super performers. He also doesn't have the glorious past that Steve and Mark has for the team to want to carry him inspite of continuous poor form.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Good point! And from a fellow Yank too! :lol: Who says Yanks only like Baseball?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by Rik
Good point! And from a fellow Yank too! :lol: Who says Yanks only like Baseball?
Thanks, but to clarify, I am not a Yank. I am an Indian who has been working in the U.S for the past 3 years. Another thing, I just can't stand baseball.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
3 years? Yank enough ;) Hehehe I and I hate baseball too...Crickets just got so much more!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by Rik
3 years? Yank enough ;) Hehehe I and I hate baseball too...Crickets just got so much more!
Yeah, there is no comparison at all. Baseball is such a crude game. I have tried watching it on TV to try and understand the finer points until I realised that there really are very few finer points in this game. It can be called a very, very elemental variation of cricket.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Its Rounders played in big stadiums with large crowds and stats that really make no sense!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
OI! I'm basically English anyway! Stop being so harsh! I'm only a newbie anyway :saint::lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
"THE WORST THING FOR CRICKET WOULD BE FOR AMERICA TO GET INVOLVED:saint:"

They are...mostly failed WIndies players though...