• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of The Spinners

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Bill 'Tiger' O'Reilly is officially the 3rd best spinner of all time, as voted by the CW posters. For me well deserved title, considering how tough his draw was Lance Gibbs, Chandra in the first round. Then Grimmett in the QFs, i thought that might have been the final.

Personally i was a bit surprised as to how far Kumble and Briggs went, but overall Briggs had fairly easy run and i guess the number of matches that Kumble won for India made a big difference in the voting. I guess thats a sign that he wont be forgotten by cricket followers, even though he played in the same period as Warne and Murali.

Thanks for everyone who voted through out the battle, a bit disappointed they wasn't as many people voting as i liked, but the forum is full of battle and i think people are starting to get over them. It is a bit of an overkill ATM, i was going to start another battle after this, but i think i'll wait till the other battles are finished.