• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of The Spinners

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Mankad

Even as a Yorkshireman I can confidently say Illingworth was a pretty average bowler. As are most offies in general. Therefore I think Mankad is a clear winner here.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Goughy said:
Mankad

Even as a Yorkshireman I can confidently say Illingworth was a pretty average bowler. As are most offies in general. Therefore I think Mankad is a clear winner here.
Mankad an offie, as are all the bowlers that have gone through so far..

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mankad

Not a great round though, Illy and Mankads achievements were more as all-rounders then purely as spinners.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
There hasn't been a vote for a while and Mankad looks a clear winnings, so i'll end it.

Mankad 8, Yardley 2, Illingworth 1 - Mankad through

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rhodes

First-class record is incomparable, and as others have said his bowling prime may not have coincided with test cricket.

Wardles also one of the triumvirate of great Yorkshire SLAs, and by many accounts should of played ahead of Lock in many test matches, but Wilfred wins out.