• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shabbir Action Cleared, Set to Return...for south africa?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'll give him two tests before he's reported again. He started off perfectly fine in the first test against us last year, but as the game wore on his action got progressively worse. I don't know if it was pressure or fatigue, but his elbow joint certainly became more fluid.

Not sure I'm in any rush to welcome him back, really. He definitely can bowl within tolerance levels, but sometimes (for whatever reason) does not.

jack_sparrow

U19 Debutant
^ im going to go ahead and agree with that, but ive a spot for two bowlers in the cricketing world. him and andre nel. underated yet full of potential.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It would be good to see Shabbir back in action for Pakistan, probably in place of Abdul Razzaq but I can see him being reported again.

shortpitched713

International Captain
If he's not reported, he should take the new ball for Pakistan for the rest of the year that Asif is gone. Really has the potential to be deadly on South African wickets with the bounce he gets with his natural height.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Which umpire in his right mind would now report a Pakistani fast bowler for something? Unless the match referee does something after the game I guess.. Although like Johan Botha, he's not a good enough bowler to be worried about

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Langeveldt said:
Which umpire in his right mind would now report a Pakistani fast bowler for something? Unless the match referee does something after the game I guess.. Although like Johan Botha, he's not a good enough bowler to be worried about
Averages about five wickets a game @ about 23 each. Passable, IMHO.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Langeveldt said:
How many games has he played? Surprising really, and they played folks like Sami ahead of him?
He has played 10 matches and picked up 50 wickets. IIRC, he was one of the ones who regularly missed out on test callups thanks to Sami.