• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

This could sound controversial but...

Craig

World Traveller
McGrath has talked about the way new training techniques etc. said there is no reason why a fast bowler can't play until their mid-40s :mellow:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was talking to Colin "Funky Miller" last night and I asked him how he feels Australia will go when guys like Langer, Hayden, Martyn, Warne, Gilchrist and McGrath retire. He rated Dan Cullen and Brad Haddin quite highly, saying they could make the step up to test and ODI cricket if required and he also said Mark Cosgrove was ready to play test cricket now and he felt that Mitchell Johnson and Shaun Tait should get some game time in the Ashes, oddly enough he didn't mention anything about Phil Jaques.

Craig

World Traveller
Eventually somebody like Chris Hartley could make the step up although it seems his 'keeping is his stronger point but he did get a FC ton debut.

Jaques at the moment is the only who is really banging on the door demanding a spot.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
All this talk of the future is very interesting since after the world cup it will be really interesting to see what the senior players do themselves or what the selectors do with them.

Australia's next serious test series (disregarding the tour to ZIM) after the ashes is back home next year this same time vs the Indians, the new but exciting era starts then, i can only speculate who will be playing then, but it will very interesting who is still around then & who comes in.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Perm said:
I was talking to Colin "Funky Miller" last night and I asked him how he feels Australia will go when guys like Langer, Hayden, Martyn, Warne, Gilchrist and McGrath retire. He rated Dan Cullen and Brad Haddin quite highly, saying they could make the step up to test and ODI cricket if required and he also said Mark Cosgrove was ready to play test cricket now and he felt that Mitchell Johnson and Shaun Tait should get some game time in the Ashes, oddly enough he didn't mention anything about Phil Jaques.
Where'd you bump into him? And what colour was his hair?