Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Captains...

Captains...

I was looking at the canada vs netherlands game and i just observed that all most all of the canadian players were born in india, Guyana/west indies, pakistan or some other place than canada....so heres a Question....Should there be a rule that says only native borns can captain a team?...so like if you were to captain canada you would have to be born in canada...or you were to captain australia you would have to be born in australia....I think that's fair...just like you would have to be a native born to be a president/priminister for whatever country....

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    This reminds me of the ECB's decree that WSC players were ineligible to play in the Championship. It's got about as much legal rigour, too.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

its not saying immigrants cant play its just they cant be captain like they couldnt be president...

Breakout Champion!
    Is another one of those "say the first word that comes into your head" games? I'll go first:

Discrimination.

Quote Originally Posted by steds
    Is another one of those "say the first word that comes into your head" games? I'll go first:

Discrimination.
    So not letting immigrants be the leader of your country is discrimination? Then USA has a big discrimination by not letting immigrants be president...well i dont think thats discrimination because a indian born in the country can...only if your not you cant...you could be any other than that.... doesn mean you cant be vice captain/vice president
    Last edited by LA ICE-E; 26-11-2006 at 12:47 PM.

Haha, stupidest idea ever. Full offence intended.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Quote Originally Posted by pasag
    Haha, stupidest idea ever. Full offence intended.
    actually no thats just what i thought it would be like cause i wouldn't take offense that i couldn't be presedent if was a immigrant so thought it be the same cause presidents leading the government... captains leading the team...both is representing a country...no offense intended...dont make any thing out of it....

Quote Originally Posted by LA ICE-E
    Then USA has a big discrimination by not letting immigrants be president...
    Indeed it does.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    I think you should make it so that a player of a minority race couldn't be captain. Or better yet, couldn't play. I mean, kids look up to players, you don't want them looking up to dirty foreigners, do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker
    I think you should make it so that a player of a minority race couldn't be captain. Or better yet, couldn't play. I mean, kids look up to players, you don't want them looking up to dirty foreigners, do you?
    so who said blacks, asians, mexicans cant be president in the US? everyone can only they should be born here....thats just taking it too far...no one said any against foreigners dont take it too far....cause watch if i moved to england and they were playing usa i would still support usa just because i feel its my country....when you are born somewhere it feels like you have rights in that country and that is your country...whatever people are taking it the racist way when it aint intended

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    So what if say for example Imran Khan's parents were holidaying in India when he was born but they went back to Pakistan a couple of days afterwards. Would it be right to restrict this person from captaining his country, even though he was born in another country when his parents were holidaying? Pretty stupid thread really.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Nasser Hussain was born outside England too, wasn't he?

actually no thats just what i thought it would be like cause i wouldn't take offense that i couldn't be presedent if was a immigrant so thought it be the same cause presidents leading the government... captains leading the team...both is representing a country...no offense intended...dont make any thing out of it....
    The irony is that this guy is taking an idiotic American law, one widley seen as stupid and old fashioned and applying it to cricket. Over there it makes no sense, so why on earth would anyone want to apply a discriminatory law to cricket?

Don't know why I'm even bothering tbh.

Banned
    One of the worst possible threads on a cricket forum.
    Last edited by BhupinderSingh; 27-11-2006 at 04:33 AM.

International Captain
    I was looking at the canada vs netherlands game and i just observed that all most all of the canadian players were born in india, Guyana/west indies, pakistan or some other place than canada....so heres a Question....Should there be a rule that says only native borns can captain a team?...so like if you were to captain canada you would have to be born in canada...or you were to captain australia you would have to be born in australia....I think that's fair...just like you would have to be a native born to be a president/priminister for whatever country....

The only question is whether a player not born of a particular Country should be allowed to play for that Country at all, for example Greig, Lamb and many many others - including currently Pietersen - for England or Kepler Wessels for Australia. Having decided that players can qualify for another Country through residency or heritage it would be wrong to say that they then cannot be captain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information