• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Matting XI

Matt79

Global Moderator
for a match played on a matting wicket rather than turf.

don't have a full XI worked out yet, but for me the obvious inclusions would be:
Herb Taylor
Neil Harvey
Fazal Mahmoud
Sid Barnes

archie mac

International Coach
Matt79 said:
for a match played on a matting wicket rather than turf.

don't have a full XI worked out yet, but for me the obvious inclusions would be:
Herb Taylor
Neil Harvey
Fazal Mahmoud
Sid Barnes
ottomh- Bobby Able, George Ulyett, SF Barnes (he must play) George Lohmann, Dave Nourse

Matt79

Global Moderator
So we have:
Herb Taylor
Dave Nourse
Neil Harvey
Bobby Abel
George Aylett
Buster Nupen ;)
Fazal Mahmoud
George Lohmann
SF Barnes

archie mac

International Coach
Matt79 said:
So we have:
Herb Taylor
Dave Nourse
Neil Harvey
Bobby Abel
George Aylett
Buster Nupen ;)
Fazal Mahmoud
George Lohmann
SF Barnes

Slasher Mackay was very good on the matting in Pakistan, claiming his best Test figures and helping the Aussies to a win. I think the WK should be a Sth Afr or Pakistan player, as they played the most on matting, and that will give you 11.:)

archie mac

International Coach
bagapath said:
CK Nayudu was supposed to be good on matting wickets. right?
No expert on Indian cricket, but I think he played on Matting early in his career, not sure if he played many Tests on matting though. Even still he was a great batsman, so it would not matter he would still score a bucket load.