• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2006-07 ICC Tri-Series

Craig

World Traveller
Well nobody else mightnot care (apart from the Dutch, Hak and a few others) but here it is:

It is in South Africa at the moment and it has just startered.

Fixture list:

November 2006
Sun 26 1st Match - Canada v Netherlands
Sedgars Park, Potchefstroom
Mon 27 2nd Match - Bermuda v Canada
Tue 28 3rd Match - Bermuda v Netherlands
Thu 30 4th Match - Bermuda v Canada
Willowmoore Park, Benoni
December 2006
Fri 1 5th Match - Canada v Netherlands
Willowmoore Park, Benoni
Sat 2 6th Match - Bermuda v Netherlands

Tri-series squads:

Bermuda Irving Romaine, Dean Minors, Janeiro Tucker, Saleem Mukuddern, Stephen Outerbridge, Hasan Durham, Dwayne Leverock, Clay Smith, Ryan Steede, Lionel Cann, Kevin Hurdle, Kwame Tucker, Rodney Trott, Stefan Kelly, David Hemp.

Netherlands Bas Zuiderent, Tom de Groot, Eric Szwarczynski, Ryan ten Doeschate, Billy Stelling, Jeroen Smits, Luuk van Troost, Mark Jonkman, Peter Borren, Alexei Kervezee, Daan van Bunge, Pieter Seelaar, Muhammed Kashif.

Canada George Codrington, Qaiser Ali, Desmond Chumney, Sandeep Jyoti, Sunil Dhaniram, Don Maxwell, Abdool Samad, Ashish Bagai, Asif Mulla, Kevin Sandher, Umar Bhatti, Henry Osinde, Sanjay Thuraisingham.

According to cricinfo the 1st game is an official ODI so I guess the rest of them are.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How come John Davison isn't playing for Canada? Some of the Canadian bowling has been pretty wayward so far with the exception of Bhatti, who's ten overs only cost 40 runs and got him the wicket of Szwarczynski. Solid start for the Netherlands really, epect ten Doeschate to dominate this competition.

Craig

World Traveller
Well after 23.4 overs the Dutch are flying along with a total 2/149 with Bas Zuiderent (44) and Eric Szwarczynski (31) (Szwarczynski was born in Vanderbijlpark, South Africa and don't ask me how to pronounce his name).

Ryan ten Doeschate is flying with 49 off 36 balls.

Looking at 310+ with wickets in hand.

Perm

Can't help but feel sorry for Geoff Barnett, currently playing Domestic Cricket in New Zealand and I don't think he was released to play for Canada which is a bit of a shame especially considering these games have a full ODI status. Loving ten Doeschate's ODI career average of 144.

Perm

Why did I post that? ten Doeschate gone for 49 off 44 balls, LBW to Codrington.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Perm said:
How come John Davison isn't playing for Canada? Some of the Canadian bowling has been pretty wayward so far with the exception of Bhatti, who's ten overs only cost 40 runs and got him the wicket of Szwarczynski. Solid start for the Netherlands really, epect ten Doeschate to dominate this competition.
Davison is probably playing grade in SA, just as Barnett is in Central Districts. Probably better practice TBH.

I'm wondering why VCC legend Atse Buurman isn't playing...would be useful to up the run rate right about now...(not that Canada have any shout of matching 250 against Kashif and ten Doeschate, regardless how much awful bowling Borren and Jonkman may serve up.)

Perm

The Netherlands slowed down a fair bit after losing ten Doeschate with Sunil Dhaniram bowling really well and returning figures of 3/34 off 10. Netherlands are 212/6 after 41 overs and should get to around 250.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Disappointed these games are being played at Potch and Benoni. Would have liked to have seen a game or 2 at TUKs and gone along to watch.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
Davison is probably playing grade in SA, just as Barnett is in Central Districts. Probably better practice TBH.
Davison back in NSW i think, playing for Mosman. One expects he will be batting for NSW at Number 7 next game.

Perm

Netherlands 271/8
RN ten Doeschate 49 (44) AN Kervezee 49 (68), B Zuiderent 44 (73)
Sunil Dhaniram 3/34 (10), U Bhatti 1/40 (10)

Well played by Netherlands, some of the Candian bowling was absolutely terrible.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
I was looking at the canada vs netherlands game and i just observed that all most all of the canadian players were born in india, Guyana/west indies, pakistan or some other place than canada...only 2 i think were born in canada....why is this? shouldn't a country have more/majority of its players born it the same country?....whats your guys think about that...

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
LA ICE-E said:
I was looking at the canada vs netherlands game and i just observed that all most all of the canadian players were born in india, Guyana/west indies, pakistan or some other place than canada...only 2 i think were born in canada....why is this? shouldn't a country have more/majority of its players born it the same country?....whats your guys think about that...
There's nothing to think about this...

Basically Canadian youth other than those who have immigrated here, don't play cricket. We're not a cricket nation. The "white" people, who are the majority, don't play cricket... They indulge in sports like Lacross, Ice Hockey, Basketball, and Football (American). Therefore, the only one's who are playing cricket are the immigrants who have been exposed to the sport since childhood. A lot of Canadians don't even know what cricket is.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Turbinator said:

Basically Canadian youth other than those who have immigrated here, don't play cricket. We're not a cricket nation. The "white" people, who are the majority, don't play cricket... They indulge in sports like Lacross, Ice Hockey, Basketball, and Football (American). Therefore, the only one's who are playing cricket are the immigrants who have been exposed to the sport since childhood. A lot of Canadians don't even know what cricket is.
it doesn't have to be a cricket nation but atleast they should be exposed to it

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Turbinator said:

Hey, If there ever came a time where Cnada needed more white people, Im in.

How did this game finish?

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Turbinator said:

Well atleast where are the expats that were born in canada? are there no expats that play cricket?

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Tomm NCCC said:
Hey, If there ever came a time where Cnada needed more white people, Im in.

How did this game finish?
Influence from the Americans. And Americans wanted no influence from the British, they wanted their own unique culture.