• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2006-07 ICC Tri-Series

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
to drunk to explain it all..lets just say Holland is a province of holland 2 actually, the main 2.

go Holland, Kervezee looks good pity not to get his 1st ODI 50.
Go dutchies.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was suprised that Canada came so close to taking this game of the Netherlands. Bagai, Chumney and Maxwell all batted very well but once again that man ten Doeschate made the game his own with two top order wickets to give him the figures of 2/43 off 10 overs. Should be an interesting tournament.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Canada won by five wickets with 13 balls to spare. Ashish Bagai finished 58* and Sunil Dhaniram smashed 63 from 42 balls.

Steulen

International Regular
Grumble...

You go on a holiday for a few weeks and immediately CW forgets about minnow cricket. These`matches are official ODI's and this thread should be stickied.

The Netherlands going well so far with two wins, Ten Doeschate the man of the moment.
Today it's Canada vs. Bermuda...I say: wooden spoon battle.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
An oversight on James behalf I'm sure that's all it was.

Bermuda 178/9
S Mukuddem 57
GR Codrington 4/33, H Osinde 3/22

Canada 179/7
AM Samad 39
K Hurdle 3/52

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
i'm not so sure...

Canada 223-8 (50.0 overs)

Holland to bat, will be interesting, I fancy our chances :)

Steulen

International Regular
CricInfo not updating at the moment, but the Dutch are a good batting side and should win this.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
3:13 PM We've been told that the target is 205, but I'm not yet sure whether that is the par score or the target.

But the players are back on the field, with de Grooth and van Nierop opening for The Netherlands.

3:01 PM The covers are now definitively off, and if there is no further rain the Dutch innings will begin at 15:15, in 15 minutes' time. The innings will be reduced to 42 overs, and we're currently waiting for a revised par score.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
116/4
after 27 overs
Van Bunge 25*
van Troost 31*
Ten Doeschate 38

if they stay in and bat sensible, I predict a win.

edit: and van Troost goes for 34 :/
120/5 oeps.
a VCC'er and a ex-VCC at the crease...go Voorburg :)

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Total 8 wkts, 37.5 overs 175

van bunge gone on 52
Smits and Stelling in...
32 needed of 4 over :S

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Smith gone

Jonkman in...
you better have learned something in SA

whats weird...they lose 8 overs...and 18 runs by rain..weird imho

Steulen

International Regular
What a thriller...excellent win, lower order stood up to the challenge.

Dutch win the Tri-Series!

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Ah Damn, Been wanting Canada to win but the Dutch really are coming along as a good little cricket side.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Tomm NCCC said:
Ah Damn, Been wanting Canada to win but the Dutch really are coming along as a good little cricket side.
Or not. Their bowling really is no better than when Tharanga and Jayasuriya mauled them for 440-odd in Amstelveen six months ago, it's just that Canada and Bermuda don't have the cricketers to exploit it. They're a bit more professional than the other associates, but lack the talent (and pace bowling) to be any serious threat.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
on another note Reekers and Schiferli are back into training, which is very good news, they'll be fit before the world cup.
Schiferli will be a massive boast for our bowling and with Jonkman getting better and stronger/faster everyday, we're heading for a decent bowling side for a change, esp since De Leede is in such a gun bowling form(elas batting is letting him down...and he hasnt been lucky tbh)

Steulen

International Regular
Damn. Thought it was just a double round robin. Anyway....clear favourites :)

Good to see a young fast(-ish) bowler doing well. Kweek, is Jonkman the one you said wouldn't be ready for international cricket when we last spoke on msn?