• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Physically Fit Cricketer

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Who is, currently, the most physically fit cricketer in the world?

For me, the likes of Yuvraj, Collingwood, Shoaib Malik, Mohd Kaif, Bravo, and Brett Lee come into mind.

But if you had to name one, who would it be?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Ponting doesn't seem that tired even after scoring so many runs. Like in the 180's he was running fast as ever.

McGrath seems to be able to bowl forever.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
The list begins and ends with Ntini.

Nothing else needs to be debated. Im not his biggest fan, but his fitness, dedication and training is above that of anyone else.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Brett Lee and Makhaya Ntini are the fast bowlers that spring to mind. But I would have to say the ultimate cricketing athlete would be either Dwayne Bravo or Andrew Symonds.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Lee and Ntini are the obvious ones. Among batsmen, Hayden has always been phenomenally fit, though I guess he's getting a bit older now and that might be declining. Ponting is probably also up there, at least in recent times.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Also, there is regular bleep test done for cricketers to identify cardiovascular fitness, and in the Indian team Mohd Kaif always comes out on top.

But then again I am talking about overall physical fitness levels, not just cardio (however it is one of the main aspects).

adharcric

International Coach
Taking into account strength, agility, speed and overall fitness ...

Dwayne Bravo
Makhaya Ntini
Yuvraj Singh
Andrew Symonds
Brett Lee

Josh

International Regular
Lee and Symonds immediately came to mind. Don't really pay much attention to it though.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Lee I reckon.. I read somewhere he could run the 100m in 10.9 seconds or something crazy like that. Plus he's what 30 now and he still bowls as fast as ever.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Shoaib is anything but fit..

he might be a natrual athlete with explosive power but he's not fit.

oz_fan

International Regular
Breet Lee and Makhaya Ntini ar probably the best of the bowlers. They both bowl fast for long spells and rarely miss a match. Mike Hussey seems to be able to run all day. Collingwood, Michael Clarke and Symonds are all agile in the field.