Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 57

Thread: CWeb Investigations

  1. #1
    Hall of Fame Member Goughy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    still scratching around in the same old hole
    Posts
    15,244

    CWeb Investigations

    There may be a similar, older thread to this but I was wondering about a couple of things and thought some people way want to help dig deeper.

    - KP averages over 10 fours and over 1 six a test. How common is it? and how many names can we get that have done it

    - The Don averaged 99.94 for his 52 test career. What are the best averages by any player for any 52 consecutive tests. eg Ponting averages over 70 in his last 52. (Im sure this info is available somewhere)

    If people are bored, have a go at looking at the 2 points and we can see what we can come up with.

    Also, anyone got another question to ask the CWebbers to look into as a thought exercise, please post it.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

    West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

    Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

    Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

  2. #2
    Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    DRS Box
    Posts
    19,058
    OTTOMH Gilchrist, Cairns, Flintoff, Afridi, Rafique

  3. #3
    Hall of Fame Member Goughy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    still scratching around in the same old hole
    Posts
    15,244
    Gilchrist No
    Cairns No
    Flintoff No
    Afridi No
    Rafique No

    Ive no idea how many have (if any), it may be less likely than I first thought

  4. #4
    Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    DRS Box
    Posts
    19,058
    well i can't think of any others that would be close to 1 six per game, or at least any that average enough to hit 10 fours a game so i reckon KP is the only one.

    Think he'll dip below 10 fours in this series tbh


  5. #5
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37,977
    Dhoni?
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

    How the Universe came from nothing

  6. #6
    Hall of Fame Member Goughy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    still scratching around in the same old hole
    Posts
    15,244
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker
    Dhoni?
    Like a lot of them, he has enough 6s but not enough 4s.

    Hayden is very close but also comes up short.

    Gayle also does not do it

  7. #7
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37,977
    Sehwag has 598 fours but only 41 sixes in 49 matches, so he is sort of close.

  8. #8
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37,977
    This is a good one though, can't think of anyone else.

  9. #9
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clutha Valley, New Zealand
    Posts
    21,816
    I was thinking Gilbert Jessop but then realised how difficult it was to hit a 6 back when he was playing, he only struck 3 in the 18 games he played.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

  10. #10
    U19 Captain Great Birtannia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    687
    Hussey is two sixes short, he has the 4s well covered.

  11. #11
    Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Madhouse on Madison
    Posts
    14,321
    Afridi has double the amount of sixes, but falls short of the 10 4s.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

  12. #12
    Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Madhouse on Madison
    Posts
    14,321
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughy
    - The Don averaged 99.94 for his 52 test career. What are the best averages by any player for any 52 consecutive tests. eg Ponting averages over 70 in his last 52. (Im sure this info is available somewhere).
    Yeah, Ponting averages close to 72. Yousuf is just over 65.

  13. #13
    Global Moderator Matt79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colll----ingggg---woooooodddd!!!!
    Posts
    17,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughy
    There may be a similar, older thread to this but I was wondering about a couple of things and thought some people way want to help dig deeper.

    - KP averages over 10 fours and over 1 six a test. How common is it? and how many names can we get that have done it

    - The Don averaged 99.94 for his 52 test career. What are the best averages by any player for any 52 consecutive tests. eg Ponting averages over 70 in his last 52. (Im sure this info is available somewhere)

    If people are bored, have a go at looking at the 2 points and we can see what we can come up with.

    Also, anyone got another question to ask the CWebbers to look into as a thought exercise, please post it.
    Another way to phrase the question re: Bradman would be: Bradman maintained an average of 99.94 over an 18 year career - what's the second best average of anyone who played test cricket for that long?
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

    Is Cam White, Is Good.

  14. #14
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago (Trinidad)
    Posts
    36,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Birtannia
    Hussey is two sixes short, he has the 4s well covered.
    Hussey is 3 sixes short. He's in his 12th game and only has 9.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."


  15. #15
    Hall of Fame Member Goughy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    still scratching around in the same old hole
    Posts
    15,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79
    Another way to phrase the question re: Bradman would be: Bradman maintained an average of 99.94 over an 18 year career - what's the second best average of anyone who played test cricket for that long?
    Thats actually an interesting question.

    You got any names?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. QLD Police Online Chat Investigations - Paper
    By Top_Cat in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 18-10-2005, 04:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •