• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Darwin and cairns

brockley

International Captain
Should they get more test cricket,what about manuka oval,would be good to see more cricket in the bush.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
My ignorance of Australia extends to which one of these cities is in the far north, but I think that the reason is, is that it is too hot and sweaty to play a 5 day game up there.

Beleg

International Regular
My ignorance of Australia extends to which one of these cities is in the far north, but I think that the reason is, is that it is too hot and sweaty to play a 5 day game up there.
Nope.

Several cities in subcontinent have mean temperatures easily higher then Darwin and Cairns during cricket playing season. Multan is a pretty obvious example.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
PhoenixFire said:
There both pretty far up north

Neither host domestic matches so i guess the State Associations wouldn't be that enthusiastic about hosting matches there but i'm not sure how the funding goes over there

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
The matches that would be played there have been in the Australian winter so far haven't they? Presumably that'd be for weather-related reasons so I'd assume they'd play any other matches scheduled then at them.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think Sri Lanka played there a couple of years ago, but I'm not sure about that. It's not a bad idea when they get some of these weaker teams touring Australia to host some games up there to increase exposure.

Josh

International Regular
It could be good to host a few one day games there or something, but they are hardly test venues. Cricket Australia would be reluctant to hold matches there due to their low capacity, and therefore lost revenue.

brockley

International Captain
Screw the state associations its because of them we lost the canberra comets.
Maybe a one day series up the top end would be good we don't play much cricket in the off season this off season,maybe even a mini 20/20 tournament with the 20/20 world cup in september.