• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why is Langer not in 1 Day Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Why is he not. I mean he scored his century in less balls than Hayden. 40 odd to be exact. He has the shots but the selctors don't pick him???

mavric

Cricket Spectator
One innings is not a career. Hayden is a prolific scorer at domestic one day level and is also a much better fielder. Besides who would you replace? Darren Lehmann probably deserves a place before Langer as he is a much more versitile.

Dingo

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Simple....Langer is still seen as being one-dimensional, just as he was when he was dropped after India. His face doesn't fit the Australian one-day squad. It's the same with Lehmann, Blewett, Law, etc.

By the way, I had a look at my ODI eleven on the "My Batting Order" forum thread...of the 12 I had, only Gillespie missed out (for McGrath) :)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Justin Langer is typically a slow scorer, his average SR for FC is 20 slower tha Haydens, Langer also has a crap ING cup record esp- campared to hayden :D :D

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Langer would never have been out of place in the canary yellow for Australia, however he was labeled a slow scorer and the selectors never saw otherwise, especially with so many other better candidates when he was pressing for a spot.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Silly thing is, Langer from about 2001\02 would very probably have been a damn good ODI batsman.

Kinda the Bevan of the opposite direction.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't try the innocent look. It doesn't work.

Today, 09:06 PM
Turbinator
This message has been deleted by Turbinator.

That gives it away somewhat.
In all fairness I did delete it though, like 2 seconds after posting it. Didn't think it was worth the dig. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.