• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Yousuf or Ponting?

Yousuf or Ponting

• Total voters

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Both players seem to be equally prolific at the moment, but if you had to choose one to save your life (runs scored), who would take on current form?

dass

Banned
no doubt ponting is better, but i would say yousuf is getting closer to him with every test he plays.

dass

Banned
PhoenixFire said:
Just a point that Yousuf averages around 100 in his last 10 tests, while Ponting does 70 odd.
well yes over the last 10 tests he has been better, but ponting is still really close and he might catchup with him if he plays really well in the ashes

Last edited:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Yousuf really does seem to make at least a hundred every time he has played in the last few matches. Ponting dipped slightly in the CT, but I'd still back Yosuf. I wonder how many he will score in the end. An ambitious call, but I think he can make 30 Test hundreds.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
against spin, yousuf is probably better, against pace, ponting is streets ahead, overall right now, ponting is better....

Natman20

International Debutant
Ponting is my favourite batsman. His timing and excellent stroke making makes him a player that is controlling the bowling attack than rather the other way round. His playmaking is confident and he seems to play every ball without being effected by what could have happened in the previous balls e.g LBW shouts etc. He seems to be able to turn any batting situation into a positive performance as many Australian players are able to do. His positiveness is also reflective of his captaincy and therefore players around him gain confidence because they see his performances of controlling an attack and builds confidence that they can also 'follow the leader.' There is no doubt Ponting is one of the greatest batsman of today but also IMO one of the best players ever. His shortness of stature is complemented with extravogant pull strokes as the bowlers try to knock his block off. He is a hero for cricket so much so that me as a Kiwi wouldn't mind him taking on our country because his innings are always enjoyable.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ponting quite easily, Yousuf hasn't proved himself in difficult conditions.