View Poll Results: Mark any you agree with:

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, there should be a test championship.

3 25.00%
  • No, there shouldn't be a test championship

6 50.00%
  • (If, then)World Test Series should be held every 8 years.

2 16.67%
  • (If, then)World Test Series should be held every 4 years.

1 8.33%
  • (If, then) Idea 1

0 0%
  • (If, then) Idea 2

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World Cup for Tests? discussions...World Test Series?

Icon2 World Cup for Tests? discussions...World Test Series?

There's three form of the sport cricket. Two of them have a championship but the most pure form doesnt. You probably figured out, it's test. Well the main reason it doesn't is because of time and you might not get a result.
    Note: The ICC did put a test ranking system into affect but what if that is used to detemine seeds in a test championship. From 2013, every four/eight years there would a test championship. The ICC LG Test championship would determine the teams by calculating the ratings of all the matches for the four/eight years. The top two teams from the LG ranking would battle it out like it happens in college football (A.Football). Then after the test championship the ranking would start over. It would be kinda of like the Ashes except it wouldn't be australia and england everytime as they can move down the ranking.If the series is a draw/tie its a draw look at ODI if its a tie in the final its a tie only twenty20 has a tiebreaker. If the series is a draw/tie its a draw look at ODI if its a tie in the final its a tie only twenty20 has a tiebreaker, or have a points system which would be similar to the County cricket one.
    Last edited by LA ICE-E; 22-11-2006 at 09:28 AM.

A series between the top two teams would probably be a more effective way...like, say...the Ashes.
    I thought of it and had changed it but i think it is the easiest way to do it as it would just be a test series but with bit more value than your avarage series because the teams battle it out for the last to be determine who really is the best team(because the #1 & #2 team might not have played each other yet and even if they had the #2 team has a chance to take over the #1 spot and prove they are better now or vice versa) before the ranking system starts over. If the series is a draw/tie its a draw look at ODI if its a tie in the final its a tie only twenty20 has a tiebreaker
    Last edited by LA ICE-E; 22-11-2006 at 01:21 AM.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LA ICE-E
    What would be the problems to have a test championship?
    Why would it only take 40 days?
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

What about if the match is a draw?

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker
    Why would it only take 40 days?
    because 4 tests without being happening the same time is 20 days then ten days in the semifinals and 5 days for the final and 5 days break alltogether...i like idea 1 beter

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker
    What about if the match is a draw?
    it would be decided in a 20/20

Quote Originally Posted by LA ICE-E
    it would be decided in a 20/20

So you go in with 11 batsmen against England, and just play for the 20/20 match.

can any of the nice mods help me, i accidently forgot to mark the multi answer part in the poll. Can you make this poll a multi answer one please?

A tournament like this has a certain merit. However there are a number of reasons why caution should be observed.

20/20 cricket and Test cricket should never be mixed

How would it impact the importance of the traditional Test series and tours?

Would the tournament become so important that the future tours program was disolved and teams played far fewer tests? Therefore possibly hurting Test cricket rather than helping

Would there be enough time to prepare for local conditions prior to each game?

and there are many more.

Im sure most people that love cricket have thought of and drawn up something similar and it is not completely impractical. However, it would be a radical departure that may not be worth risking at the moment.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

The Twenty20 part is truly lame. I can see why some would want to do this, but it's just a terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by adharcric
    The Twenty20 part is truly lame. I can see why some would want to do this, but it's just a terrible idea.
    ok how about a blowout?

Cricket Spectator

Icon13

you should just LEAVE the test alone and stay with your 1st idea of just giving a trophy to the no. 1 team in the ranking

A series between the top two teams would probably be a more effective way...like, say...the Ashes.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_
    Uhh .. no.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    It's not a bad idea really but I can't see it ever happening, the time would take too long and whilst this sort of thing is going on the teams should be touring opposition countries. Too me, I think a World XI, no matter how badly they played last time should become a regular event every 4 or 5 years to play the top side in the world at that stage. That would be better than a test championship where draws and scheduling just becomes too difficult.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information